𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟎: 𝐅𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐌𝐄𝐄𝐓𝐒 𝐃𝐀𝐔𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐑

Start from the beginning

"That's what it's all about," Annabeth said. "That's the place for heroes."

Eris' mouth was open in awe. She knew she'd probably wouldn't end up in Elysium, she wasn't hero material. She though she thought she was a decent person she would never do anything worthy enough to go to Elysium.

In fact, after this quest she planned on never leaving the Art room and spending the rest of her days paining with Willow and if Willow still wasn't back by the time she got back to Camp Half-Blood Eris would spend the rest of her days doing anything possible to find out why Willow was still gone.

"I hope Willow's there," Eris whispered absentmindedly.

Percy squeeze her shoulder, "I'm sure she is."

    "My sister's...she was all I had," Eris said quietly, "she spent all her life taking care of me instead of herself. I just hope that if she is in there...that she's happy."

   Everyone was silent after that.

Eris owed a lot to Willow. Willow gave up her childhood to raise Eris during the time she was alive. She was always Eris' protector, her biggest fan. She was practically Eris' mother growing up. Eris was all Willow had and Willow was all Eris had. Willow did everything for Eris.

Eris loved her sister more than anything, she'd do anything for her.

They left the judgment pavilion as they moved deeper into the Asphodel Fields.  The more they walked the darker the Underworld became and the green color in Eris' top began to fade to black.

After a few miles of walking, they began to hear a familiar screech in the distance. Looming on the horizon was a palace of glittering black obsidian. Above the parapets swirled three dark batlike creatures: the Furies.

   "Oh, no," Eris muttered, rubbing a hand over her face.

    "I suppose it's too late to turn back," Grover said wistfully.

    "We'll be okay." Percy tried to sound confident but was failing terribly.

    "Maybe we should search some of the other places first," Grover suggested, "Like, Elysium, for instance."

     "I wish," Eris muttered, wrapping her arms around herself.

    "Come on, goat boy." Annabeth grabbed his arm.

    Grover yelped. His sneakers sprouted wings and his legs shot forward, pulling him away from Annabeth. He landed flat on his back in the grass.

     "Grover," Annabeth chided. "Stop messing around."

    "But I didn't—"

     He yelped again. His shoes were flapping like crazy now. They levitated off the ground and started dragging him away from them.

"Maia!" he yelled, but the magic word seemed to have no effect. "Maia, already! Nine-one-one! Help!"

    Eris blinked a bit in shock and reached out to grab his hand but it was too late. Grover was already speeding away downhill.

    They sprinted after him.

    Annabeth shouted, "Untie the shoes!"

Grover tried to sit up, but he couldn't get close to the laces.

    They kept after him, trying to keep him in sight as he zipped between the legs of spirits who chattered at him in annoyance.

     His shoes veered sharply to the right and dragged him in the opposite direction of the entrance to Hads' palace.