19

FLASHBACK (cont.)

As much as the girls wanted to mob Jungkook they did not and instead they let him have the space to talk to Rosé and let her decide on what to do with him.

...

While, immediately after the contest Rosé stands without glancing at him.

That action hurts him a lot but he can't blame her though so all he can do is to call her name.

But as she stops though not facing him she speaks sarcastically with. "Great! Thank you for coming."

And showing lost of interest from the excuses he is about to say, she ended it with. "That would be the last." and walks away.

...

"But wait" he said again through his mind, wanting to explain what happened to him.

"If only..." he said while watching at her walking away.

However, Jungkook did not dare to stop her to cover up his beaten body.

...

AN HOUR BEFORE THE COMPETITION

Jungkook prepares himself earlier that day in order not to disappoint Rosé.

When he is about to go, he heard his father talking to someone who unexpectedly visited them.

"Where is your son?" asked by a modulated voice of a man.

And he heard his father laughed while saying. "He went to school early."

"I heard he is doing well."

Which Jungkook's father happily answered the man with yes almost bragging about his son's achievements.

"That is good. May I know what's his plan after graduation? Probably what he will take in college? His interest?"

...

Though curious Jungkook still decided not to interrupt and bothered to check who the man is.

He decided to just left quietly and quickly to meet Rosé in school.

...

Unfortunately as he walks on the street, he got mobbed by unknown men.

"Oh! Wait! Are you in a hurry? Why don't we just play for awhile." as casually speaks by a man who's taller than him.

...

Knowing their intention Jungkook tries his best to escape from them and not to pick a fight.

Unfortunately, they execute the plan to delay him from the contest and beat him as possible.

Good thing he is a black belter and won't allow to be beaten heavily.

...

When someone is about to hit him with a rock he received an unexpected help.

The man falls on the ground groaning in so much pain that makes him to turn around and sees Taehyung hit the man at the back with his kick.

And they finish them together.

...

The two got exhausted but agreed to go to school together.

"Let's go to the hospital first, you need to be treated." as Taehyung checks on Jungkook.

But Jungkook refused and said. "There's no time for that."

"I understand but let's go to the clinic." his persuasion.