18

"Tae where are you?" bothersome Hoseok's asked.

But they heard no answer from him.

In concern Yoongi added a question to verify their suspicion. "Don't tell me you followed her?"

So Jin said. "Wherever you are tell us so we can go with you. Common!"

"No. Just wait for me." a dead voice he sounds.

And they waited for him patiently.

...

In an exclusive place they anxiously met him where no one utters a word and silently gathers around him.

Hoping he'll just burst his despair.

Unfortunately, they see no trace of tears from him.

"This is what I am scared to happen." Jimin said to his hyungs.

"No no no. I am fine." in a bitter way he speaks to them.

"They look like a perfect happy family." half smirk of Tae.

Confused of what is the meaning behind it but they let him to talk.

...

"They look good together since then." he added.

However, as he hides his true feelings they can feel from his words the sound of so much pain that pierced his heart.

Until.

"What if I didn't help him?" as he contains himself not to break down.

And that moment they knew that Taehyung needed them.

...

"See. Look at him." Jimin said worriedly.

Hence, he can't take it anymore and begin to confront him. "Taehyung why are you allowing..."

But Namjoon stops Jimin to go on.

...

Following Day.

There's no remnant of hate from Taehyung's face as he sits quietly in his place and because of that they decided to kept their mouth shut.

Although they are agitated and concerned cause anytime soon he'll explode.

...

Meanwhile, all the girls eyes are keen to observe the atmosphere and are sensing that something is wrong.

"Do you know the tea?" texted by Lisa.

"I wish!" Jisoo replied.

"You know how much I hated myself, right? so don't asks me cause I am already blaming myself." Jenny's answered in desperation.

"Why don't we ask the boys?" Jisoo suggested.

"What?!... as if they"ll let us know something." Lisa's doubt.

"Or else Jisoo unnie you initiated." volunteer by Jenny which quickly agreed by Jisoo.

...

FLASHBACK

The day they've all been waiting for.

"You need to win this." pressure by Lisa.

"Yes! Imagine how we endure not to bother you." Jenny said.

"Thank you." she smiles at them.

When.

"Where is he?" as scans around by Jisoo to check up on Jungkook.

And it causes Rosé's anxiety to alleviate.

So she can't help to asks herself. "Where are you Jungkook?" as she almost in tears.

...

15 minutes and the competition is about to start and Jungkook is still nowhere to be found.

Her friends can't leave her alone especially in times like that thus they keep on cheering her. "Everything is going to be okay."

When suddenly.

"Hey! Taehyung!" the girls shouted.

"What happened to you?" as they see a blood on his lip.

He wipes it off and says. "It's nothing."

And somehow at Taehyung's presence and their other friends she found courage, hope and strength.

...

"You are smart. No matter what happen we have so much confidence how you will carry alone your class." his support.

And the time started.

Rosé felt being neglected and being left out.

And negativity begin to sink in.

"From the second time around you crush my heart." with so much disappoinment and hurt she told herself.

...

Now they are called one by one.

Rosé sighed heavily and plastered a fake smile on her face in order not to show any ache.

Luckily, she sees the girl that made her determine not to show weakness despite of Jungkook's absence.

...

She sits alone and her friends can't felt but to be mad and almost cursing Jungkook for seeing their friend like that.

So they are all seated in front to show support.

Continually they are cheering for her along with their other friends.

...

"Let me not see him. I don't know what I am capable of doing." as Jennie's voice became shaky from anger.

"Let me join you. I can't wait to crush his bone little by little. His sounds of agony is a good ring to my ears." sadistically said by Lisa.

But Jisoo stops and advises them with.
"Girls, let's plan that later on and for now let's show optimism for Rosé."

...

And the real competition started when murmur echoes in the crowd.

"Where is Mr. Scholars?" everyone's whisper.

It irritates her friends but they can't do nothing nor can't volunteer in replacement for Jungkook's position.

So someone from the staff asked Rosé if she wanted to continue alone.

And without a doubt she approves it and the contest begin.

...

Few minutes after Rosé gains more confidence in answering the questions.

Until.

Another chitchat begins to be heard from the audience.

As students see Jungkook pleading for everyone's approval to enter the competition.

Fortunately, he was given a chance in one condition.

...

Everyone's cheer is on their side.

They constantly answer their questions unfailingly.

Until a beater buzzer question is asks.

They are given five seconds when Jungkook press the button.

"Ting" a sound that tells his answer is correct.

(cont...)

...

Slander - Back to you