t w e n t y t w o

Dearest Readers,
It seems the Bridgerton twins genes have passed down because no more than a year later after their first born Amelie was born. Charles and Alyssa was blessed with twin boys, deciding on the names Brodie and Colton Devereux. I send my congratulations to the couple and their babies and I am just as excited to be able to see this beautiful family about the square.
-Lady Whistledown.

'Thank you' Charles kissed his wife on her head as she sat in bed with Brodie in her arms.

'Why are you thanking me?' Alyssa looked up at her husband with a confused face.

'Thank you for giving me beautiful children and being my wife' Charles rocked Colton back and forth as he spoke.

'Darling, I love you more than life. Thank you for sticking around and letting me give you children' Alyssa smiled up at him.

'I love you' Charles kissed her once again still rocking one of his new babies who was a few hours old.

'And I love you' Alyssa grinned.

~•~

Anthony rocked Amelie back and forth on his knee, laughing at her when she giggled.

'Mama?' Amelie stopped giggling and looked up at Anthony with wide eyes.

Mama was Amelies first and only word at the moment, she had been very stubborn and although everyone had tried to get her to say their names first. Alyssa had been the lucky one out of the lot.

Charles had tried everything to get her to say anything from Dad, Dadda, Daddy even Papa.

Anthony had tried Uncle Anthony and Ant. He had hoped she wouldn't start with the name Ant but if she did he wouldn't oppose to it.

'You will see Mama soon' Anthony turned her round so she was laid back in his arms.

'Mama' Amelies top lip started to tremble.

'Please don't cry Amelie, Mama will be with you very soon' Anthony hugged her into his chest and started to stroke her head that was starting to sprout light blonde hair.

~•~

When Anthony was given the all clear to bring Amelie back to the house where Charles and Alyssa was staying in, he quickly packed all of his nieces toys and clothes back into the bag they was brought in and set off with bag and Amelie in each hand.

'Are you ready to see your mama?' Anthony stroked the small girls cheek.

'Mama!' Amelie shouted happily.

'Yes mama' Anthony smiled, he was absolutely overjoyed for his sister. Here she was with three children and a husband who all loved her very much.

As Anthony got to the front door Charles appeared, smiling at his brother in law before taking his daughter from his arms.

'Hello sweet girl, have you been good for your Uncle Anthony?' Charles smiled down at her, Amelie was shaking her head as quick as she could possibly go.

'Yes she's been no fuss, just been asking for Alyssa all day and night' Anthony chuckled.

'No other word yet?' Charles laughed.

'No all I got was Mama' Anthony laughed back.

'Do you want to come up with us?' Charles asked as he turned to take Amelie up to meet her brothers.

'I'd love to but I think the family would kill me if I met them first, I'll let myself out don't worry' Anthony nodded before waving to Amelie.

Charles and Amelie set off up the stairs, when they reached about halfway Amelie shocked both grown up men with her second word.

'Tony' Amelie waved very energetically making Anthony smile with pride and love for the small girl.

A/N: I'm sorry but isn't Amelie the cutest little thing!