s e v e n

Hey guys! Quick message. I'm back at school on Monday so updates may be tricky! I'm going to try update a few times this weekend but I'm currently lacking in my English class, I have 18+ tasks that need to be completed by Monday:/ Anyways enjoy!

After having Charles and Simon around for dinner, both Alyssa and Charles were inseparable. They'd be what you called bestfriends, both not wanting to admit that there was more between them.

The Vauxhall Ball was upon them and Alyssa had made Charles promise he would show up and save her from any suitors who was not to her liking. He had agreed to be her knight in shining armor and both had laughed at the nickname he had given himself.

Violet had bought new dresses for both Alyssa and Daphne for the ball as well as Hyacinth and Eloise although Eloise probably would've preferred a book of some kind. Eloise took a liking to Charles as he shared her love and thoughts on a women's education. Both thought a women should have a right to go on to university and live their life's without a man.

The boat across to the ball was Alyssa's favourite part and had been since her first ball here back when she had just entered her first season.
Back when her father was alive.

~•~

'Alyssa don't move too much, or we will tip over' Her father chuckled.
'You say that like she's the heaviest on the boat dearest when we all know she barely even eats' Violet chucked along with her husband.
'Mom...Dad your embarrassing me!' Alyssa turned to look out into the water and away from her family.
Alyssa looked into the water and slowly pulled her lace glove of her left arm and stuck her fingertips in the cold water.
'Don't let mother catch you' Anthony whispered and nudged his twin sister.
It was almost as if Violet had heard him when she shouted at Alyssa.
'Alyssa! Take your hands out of that water! You don't know what's in there!' Violet pulled her eldest daughters hand out of the water.
'Not even arrived and your already in her bad books' Her father chuckled, Anthony joined in.

~•~

Alyssa was greeted by Guests of the ball when she walked off the dock into the main part of the garden. Alyssa walked away from her mother and sister and set off towards the refreshment table. As she approached she saw a familiar face who happened to be very close to her younger sister.

'Penelope!' Alyssa laughed walking towards her.

'Oh Alyssa! I heard you was back, but I haven't had a chance to see you' Penelope beemed at the elder girl. Penelope had grown up just across the street from the Bridgertons and had always seen Alyssa as an older sister.

'Yes I'm back for good Penelope and don't worry about it Penelope, I'm sure whatever you have been doing it important. What have you been doing while I've been gone?' Alyssa asked genuinely intrigued at what the small girl had been doing.

'Oh you know this and that, nothing important' Penelope chuckled but suddenly went quiet when she looked behind Alyssa.

Alyssa spotted this and turned around only to be met by her brother. Colin.
Not far behind Colin was a bunch of girls including Cressida Cowper, who had no problem in practically throwing her drink on Penelope.

'Oh you little br..' Alyssa was pulled away from Cressida by Charles.

'Excuse me!' Alyssa whipped around to come face to face with Charles who she had not seen that it was him who had dragged her away from nearly smacking Cressida.

'I thought I was meant to be saving you tonight not saving other people from you' Charles acted serious before laughing.

'Ha ha very funny' Alyssa clapped her hands together.

'So... do you fancy a dance?' Charles bowed before holding his hand out for her to take.

'Well of course!' She bowed back then took his hand which lead her on to the dance floor.

Charles and Alyssa started dancing together and was easily the best looking two on the dancefloor.

'So what do you think of children?' Charles asked Alyssa out of nowhere, making her pause and look at him.

'I'm not going to have your babies Charles if that's what your asking' She quickly joked.

'If you say so. Does that mean you do want kids?' Charles asked.

'Well yeah I do want kids but not until I'm sure' She replied.

'What do you mean sure?' He asked genuinely interested.

'Well I don't want to bring a child into the world, where I don't feel loved. I want to marry in a love match and have children with someone whom I love. I don't want the child to grow up feeling unloved and being taken care by anyone but their parents, therefore I want to take care of my own children along with my husband' Alyssa said not paying attention to how Charles was looking at her.

'That's a great idea, you couldn't be anymore right' He smiled at the girl, he was falling for her faster than he realized. He thought it was one sided when in fact she was falling for him too.