f i v e

Dear Readers,
It seems that Miss Daphne Bridgerton is playing hard to get and leaving the suitors of the square wanting more. However it seems the eldest bridgerton daughter has caught not one but two eyes already having only attended one ball this season. Lord Berbrooke and Lord Devereux who will get the attention of Miss Alyssa Bridgerton? Or will neither end up committing.
-Lady Whistledown

'Lady Whistledown writes about both of you, shall I read it to you?' Eloise asked her two older sisters while sitting very unlady like in a chair.

'Please don't,our sisters do not need to know what an anonymous scribbler is saying about them' Anthony snapped at the younger girl from behind his newspaper.

'It's not all bad' Eloise tried to persuade them into listening.

'Oh out with it already' Benedict moaned, putting his head in his hands.

'She says that Alyssa is the successful one out of the pair of you and that Daphne is playing hard to get' Eloise laughed at the last part.

'Hard to get? I told you Anthony it was a bad idea leaving early, but whatever you say goes' Daphne snapped leaving the room.

Alyssa looked towards Anthony and saw he had not even bothered to react to his younger sisters outburst and in fact carried on reading. Frustration was all she felt so in her moment she marched from where she had been standing next to the piano where Daphne was playing and stomped over to in front of Anthony. Putting her hands on her hips she waited for him to look at her. He didn't. One thing that Alyssa was not good at and that was being patient. She whipped the newspaper out of his hands, catching his attention she ripped it into pieces before throwing them on the floor and walking to leave.

'Benedict will you accompany me for a walk?' She said not looking back.

'Of course-' Benedict started but was cut off.

'I will' Anthony said, raising out of his chair.

'I asked Benedict not you Anthony' Alyssa snapped.

Benedict looked at his older brother, muttering a quick apology before linking up with Alyssa's left arm and walking her out of the house using the rear exit.

'You shouldn't be so hard on him, he's trying Alyssa' Benedict said.

'I know' Alyssa laughed.

'What? I don't understand?' Benedict looked confused at his sister.

'Just make him believe I'm mad and he will stop being so rude to all of Daphne's suitors' Alyssa giggled.

'So you're acting like you're mad with him? But you're not actually mad?' Benedict asked, still confused.

'Oh no I'm mad just not that mad, I mean the man lied to me. I couldn't care less where he places his manhood or when he does but lying to me and saying he was not out defiling some women's virtue hurt me more than it did that he almost missed my entrance'

'You do have a way with words sister' Benedict chuckled.

'Have you ever thought about taking up acting?' Benedict jokes.

'Whatever do you mean?' Alyssa laughed.

'You had us all fooled, maybe your skills may come in handy sometime soon!' Benedict exclaimed.

'Maybe so brother'

~•~

Later that evening both Alyssa and Daphne were finishing up getting ready for the opera.

'Darlings? Are you almost done?' Violet questioned.

'Yes mama, I am ready' Daphne smiled at her mother.

'Oh you both look ravishing' Violet clapped her hands together before shooing them towards the front door.

'Quickly now girls before Anthony decides he wants to escort us or worse tells us we can't go' Violet joked with the girls as they were walking down the stairs which led to their carriage.

'Oh that would be a travesty' Alyssa sarcastically said, not particularly wanting to go to the opera.

~•~

The opera house was beautiful, the walls were painted with the most vibrant colours but the one colour which was repeated throughout the whole venue was the colour red. Looking around Alyssa could only think about her younger brother Benedict and how she would love to see his work displayed like this one day, hopefully soon. Not realizing Lady Danbury had summoned her mother and sister over until they were out of sight. Alyssa started to walk around while looking, not paying attention she bumped straight into a young lady making her drop her wine glass.

'Oh my I'm so sorry' Alyssa cooed over the girl checking to see if she had gotten any on her dress. Alyssa had no clue what she would do if she had indeed got some on her dress, it was not like she could pull a new dress out of nowhere for her.

'It's quite alright' The young girl smiled at her.

'I'm Alyssa' She held her hand out.

'Sienna' She shook Alyssa's hand. A very unladylike thing to do but no one said Alyssa was ladylike.

'The opera singer?' Alyssa questioned retreating her hand back.

'Yes? Have we met? You look awfully familiar' Sienna asked pushing her hands down her dress to get rid of the creases.

'No I don't think we have' Alyssa stated. She knew exactly who Sienna was but didn't know if the young girl knew about her.

'Oh well I must get going, I'm performing tonight. It was lovely meeting you Miss..' Sienna quickly said.

'Bridgerton' Alyssa watched the young girl's face change from happy to shocked.

'Miss Bridgerton' Sienna nodded her head before heading past her, not before Alyssa could grab her shoulder softly.

'Although he is my brother, my twin brother to be exact. I warn you that he will break your heart and that you should end whatever you have going on first before he does. Anthony has a duty and however much he loves you, you will not be able to marry him and bear his children. Save yourself from the heartbreak from one girl to another' Alyssa smiled before releasing Sienna.

Sienna merely nodded before rushing off to backstage, Daphne quickly appeared and pulled her sister towards Lady Danburys box. Where both older women were planning a dinner, a dinner which would happen tomorrow night at the Bridgerton household. Where two young suitors would be accepting on Lady Danbury behalf, and they did not even know that yet.