s i x t e e n

'I think we need to talk' Anthony approached Charles after just been let into the Danbury house where Charles was staying.

'Of course' Charles hinted for him to sit down.

'It's about Alyssa' Anthony rubbed his hands together, and looked up at Charles.

'Wait, is she ok?' Charles looked concerned.

'Yes she's fine, it's about you and her' Anthony gave him a small smile to show he was not mad at the thought of his friend and sister together.

'I think I messed whatever was going to happen between us up anyways Anthony' He returned Anthony's gesture and smiled back awkwardly.

'I do not think you have' Anthony revealed.

'I am not sure I am following?' Charles looked confused.

'Alyssa is just pushing you away, I have made countless mistakes. Some worse than this and she has always forgiven me' Anthony chuckled.

'But you are her brother, I am just some man she met at the beginning of the season' Charles shrugged.

'I think we both know your more than that Charles' Anthony looked at him with a smirk.

'Then why is she not talking to me, if she has forgiven me?' Charles asked.

'Because it is what Alyssa does best. Did she or Simon ever tell you about what happened when our father died?' Anthony asked.

'No, Simon told me she left but I never wanted to pry unless she wanted to tell me' He looked at his hands.

'She took off after the funeral, went to stay with our cousins. She did not really speak to any of us but our mother eventually she came around and started speaking to us, she's always been the kind to run when things get hard. But what I'm really trying to say is if you stick at it and really show her you want to be with her then I cannot see why she would not give you another chance' Anthony patted Charles on the shoulder and gave it a quick squeeze.

'I should probably talk to her' Charles nodded, agreeing with himself.

'Yes, yes I think you should' Anthony laughed getting up ready to leave.

'Is she at home?' Charles asked.

'She is, however she won't be for long. The ball is tonight' Anthony smiled before waving and leaving.

'I hope to see you there, talking to my sister!' Anthony shouted before closing the door.

~•~

Daphne and Alyssa held onto Anthony's arms as he walked them into the ballroom.

'Woah' Daphne looked up at the venue.

Anthony and Alyssa chuckled at her as she slipped away and set off to look around.

'You know I'm sorry right?' Anthony asked turning his face to meet the side of hers.

'Yes, I'm sorry too' She turned and smiled at him.

'Good' He nudged her.

'Good' She repeated.

'Well are you going to ask me to dance?' Anthony looked at his sister with a grin.

'Oh I totally forgot, apologies. Will you Anthony Bridgerton dance with me?' She bowed and held her hand out.

'I suppose I shall' He laughed and dragged her into the dance floor.