f o u r t e e n

Dearest Readers,
It seems Lord Berbrooke is not as saint like as we all thought. For he has a son in the countryside from a previous maid. We do hope Lord Berbrooke skips out of his wedding and goes to be the father to his child that they deserve, I only hope he has been paying child support to the poor maid. And on another note I hope Miss Alyssa Bridgerton was not too attached to the man but I do wish her the best in finding a suitor after this scandal.
-Lady Whistledown.

Alyssa read the small scandal sheet while waiting for her brother to arrive home. Anthony didn't want to be confronted by Alyssa for his idiocy, so he sent poor Benedict in for her instead.

'Where is that idiot of a man?' Alyssa jumped up from her chair whilst Benedict stood as far away as possible not wanting to face her rage alone.

'He's at the club with Simon' Benedict grinned when his sister stormed past him, he could only presume she was going to Anthony.

~•~

Alyssa stormed through the doors heading to the table where the top of her brothers head could be seen over the crowd of people.

'How dare you!' Alyssa slapped the back of Anthony's head earning some gasps and chuckles from surrounding people.

'Alyssa? What are you doing here?' Simon turned around and stood between the siblings.

Alyssa was being watched by the whole club, Anthony, Simon and Charles.

Charles had not seen her since he declared there was not anything between them and even then she had not been mad.

He wished she had shouted at him, he wanted to feel worse than he already did.

He had heard the news about the wedding earlier that morning and was very happy at first but realized he had messed up his chances of ever being with her.

'You're an arse Anthony!' Alyssa tried to get past Simon to get to her brother.

'Alyssa, use your words' Simon helps in front of Alyssa defending Anthony.

'HE. IS. AN. ARSE!' Alyssa pointed at Anthony who had stood up now, as attention was being brought to the very colorful language his sister was using.

'Oh dear god, what has he done now?' Simon face palmed at his two best friends.

'He locked me in his study after declaring he was dueling Berbrooke!' Alyssa finally got past Simon and lunged for her brother.

A new person jumped in front, that new person being Charles.

'Get out of my way' Alyssa snapped.

'No' Charles stood his ground.

'No? What do you mean no?' Alyssa looked at him in disbelief.

'No. I will not move out of you way and let you attack your brother' Charles visibly tensed up when she finally looked him in the eye, she had looked at him but never in the eyes.

'This has nothing to do with you' Alyssa pointed between herself and Anthony.

'No it doesn't but I'm not going to let you make a fool out of yourself and your brother along with you, you can wait to shout at him in private where no one cares or sees' He put his hands on her shoulders.

'Please don't' Alyssa shrugged his hands off.

'I'll see you at home Anthony' Alyssa turned and walked out.

Charles watched as she left, and he promised to himself that he would do everything in his power to have her forgiveness and hopefully her.

A/N: Hey guys sorry that it's been a while, I kind of want to wrap this story up soon. As I have a surprise for when this is finished, I wanted to ask though what do we think about children? Shall we add some babies into the mix?