e i g h t e e n

The ceremony was a small and private gathering

The ceremony was a small and private gathering. It contained of the Bridgerton family, Lady Danbury and Simon.

Both parties had agreed that they didn't want a massive reception but had decided they would have a decently big party afterwards for Lady Danbury and Violets sake.

'Hello Lady Devereux' Charles wrapped his arms around Alyssa from behind resting his head on her shoulder.

'Hello Lord Devereux' Alyssa grinned turning around and hugging him back.

'Can you believe that we are husband and wife now?' Charles chuckled looking down at Alyssa.

'Oh how am I going to put up with you for the rest of our lives?' Alyssa chuckled.

'I am offended' Charles put his hand on his heart before laughing.

'Oh how I cannot believe you two are actually together now' Simon walked up and wrapped his arms around the both of them pushing himself between them.

'Well you better believe it' Alyssa laughed.

'So how many children are you gonna bless this world with?' Simon asked very seriously.

Charles and Alyssa laughed at him before saying farewell and walking away from him, leaving him frustrated.

'I will find out you know!' Simon shouted making nearby people look at him.

'You will find out when everyone else finds out Simon' Charles laughed before putting his arm around his wife.

'And when will that be?' Simon asked still shouting after the couple.

'When they are born' Alyssa shouted back laughing.

~•~

'Are you ready to leave my love?' Charles asked squeezing Alyssas hand.

'I am if you are' Alyssa smiled, squeezing Charles's hand back.

'Let's get out of here then' Charles grinned.

They made there way around room thanking and saying there goodbyes to everyone leaving family for last.

When everyone had been thanked and said goodbye to it left the newly wedded couple, the Bridgertons, Lady Danbury and Simon.

'Oh I will miss you my sweet girl' Violet pulled her daughter in for a hug.

'I will be back in no time' Alyssa smiled wiping the start tears falling down her mother's face away.

'I know, I just wish you hadn't decided to go away for so long' Violet sniffled.

'We want to travel mama, I'll be back in 6 months for good. You won't be able to get rid of me' Alyssa grinned making her mother chuckle.

'You take good care of her' Anthony pointed his finger at Charles and motioned to his sister who he was going to miss dearly.

'I will, don't you worry' Charles smiled.

'Bring it in guys' Simon laughed dragging Charles and Anthony into a tight hug.

Chuckles all around sounded as they watched Charles and Anthony get smothered in a hug with Simon.

'I want babies when your back' Simon pulled away and walked to Alyssa.

'Well you know the saying Simon' Alyssa laughed.

'The saying?' Simon looked confused for a second.

'I want never gets' Alyssa looked up at his waiting for his reply.

'Well I need babies then' Simon laughed, although he had vowed to end the line with him it didn't mean he didn't like children. In fact he loved children, they was so innocent and sweet when little however different could be said for when they get older and naughtier. He would happily be the fun uncle when they was little, he'd have to think about it as they grew up though.

'Have your own babies then' Charles spoke coming to Alyssas side.

'Oh no, I'll stick to other people having children for me to look after' Simon shook his head not seeing the look Daphne was giving him from behind, it was a look of confusion.

'If you say so Simon' Charles chuckled.

'Well I suppose you guys should get going, we don't want to keep you and you be on the roads when it's dark' Lady Danbury spoke up.

'Well then, we will see you all in 6 months' Alyssa chuckled before holding her husbands hand and heading towards the carriage.

~•~

Although it was not very traditional or romantic, neither of them could keep there hands off each other. So they ended up consummating the marriage in the back of the carriage, and at the inn, then again in the carriage the next day and well let's just say a lot of other places during their honeymoon.