t e n

The church had been booked, invites had been sent. The dress was currently being finished. It was beautiful way to beautiful for a lord like Berbrooke. The square was talking, many different questions being asked:

Why is the wedding so fast?
Which Bridgerton sister is it?
Why would Violet let her daughter marry someone like him?

Anthony had been riddled with guilt since Berbrooke declared that he would marry either Daphne or Alyssa.

He put them in the situation. Him and only him.

He was the sole reason that Alyssa was now having to marry Lord Berbrooke. Daphne had fought and fought not wanting Alyssa to have to marry him when originally it was her promise to him.

Alyssa had wanted to agree and make Daphne marry him but she also knew that being an older sister meant watching out and looking after your siblings. Therefore she knew she had to marry Berbrooke and not make Daphne go through with it. So Alyssa had announced to her friends and family all at once.

~3 days ago~
'Daphne your brother will sort it out, stop fussing' Violet told her.

'Mama?' Alyssa called out, upon entering the room she became a lot quieter and looked at her mother sadly.

'What is wrong darling?' Violet rushed over to her eldest daughter.

'I will be marrying Berbrooke. So Daphne does not have too' Alyssa declared to Daphne and Violet.

'No you can not!' Daphne shrieked jumping up from her seat and rushing over to her sister. 'What about Charles?'

'What about Charles?' Alyssa asked looking at Daphne confused.

'You are perfect for each other! Why are you throwing it all away for the likes of Berbrooke' Daphne huffed out.

'Well what about the Duke? I'm doing this so you can carry on courting, and potentially end up together' Alyssa smiled.

'You shouldn't do that for us' Daphne frowned.

'I'm not sure I understand why' Alyssa was confused at her younger sister, not being happy about not having to marry Berbrooke anymore.

'Me and the Duke may not even end up together, so your doing this for nothing' Daphne cried.

Both Alyssa and Violet was shocked and confused about her outburst.

'Daphne is there something you need to tell us?' Violet sat herself down and motioned for both her daughters to join her.

'It was a ruse' Daphne sniffled.

'What was a ruse?' Violet asked not quite catching on, Alyssa however was sat staring at her sister. A look of disbelief.

'The Duke and I' Daphne looked at Alyssa while speaking.

Violet gasped looking at both her daughters in sympathy.

'This means you don't have to marry him Alyssa, I will marry him like the plan' Daphne went to grab Alyssas hands in her own.

Alyssa pulled away and stood up, heading towards the door.

'It is too late, I've already told Lord Berbrooke' Alyssa muttered leaving the room, then the house.

Unaccompanied.

Alyssa set of walking towards the Danbury house where she hoped she would run into Simon or even Lady Danbury.

Upon arriving at the Danbury house Alyssa was tired, it was getting later and later and she hadn't told anyone where she was going or how long she would be. She knocked on the door and waited, shuffling was heard from the other side of the door. When it finally opened Alyssa was met by a young girl who was dressed in a maids outfit, she smiled and moved out of the way. Alyssa walked inside and turned back to the girl.

'Is Simon or Lady Danbury here?'

'No ma'am. They just left for dinner' The young girl spoke.

Alyssa really needed to see Lady Danbury or Simon she needed advice.

'Ok, can I wait?' Alyssa asked.

'Yes of course, do you need anything? I was just going to bed' The maid asked.

'No I'm good, I'll just wait in the sitting room. Thank you though' Alyssa smiled before leaving the maid alone and trailing of to the sitting room.

~To Be Continued Next Chapter~