t w o

Dearest Readers,
It seems the beautiful Miss Alyssa Bridgerton is not the only new arrival to London for the start of the season. It seems the Duke of Hastings has arrived with his close friend Lord Charles Devereux, this leaves me wondering will the newcomers be marrying this season or will they be carrying on till next season. Only time will tell and I'll be the first to let my readers know.
-Lady Whistledown

'Who is this Lady Whistledown?' Charles questioned whilst sitting across from Simon in the carriage.

'She's trouble is what she is, take no bother in what she writes' Simon answered his friend quite quickly.

'It seems you do not like this Lady Whistledown Simon' Charles laughed at how quick Simon was to answer his previous question.

'All she does is criticize people for their choices and gossip about everyone. I wouldn't be surprised if she writes about herself so people don't assume it's her' Simon said quite strongly.

'That would make sense, maybe we shall search for her and expose her?' Charles laughed, hitting his friend on the arm with the paper.

'If I ever found out who she was I would expose her straight away, my return was meant to be kept a secret and now look. The only good thing that has come out of that is that I know now that my old friend Alyssa is back in town' Simon told Charles.

'Alyssa is Anthony's sister?' Charles questioned.

'Yes she is his twin sister, although you have never met her strangely' Simon laughed.

'Strangely?' Charles looked confused.

'I just mean your good friends with Anthony and you know him so well. Alyssa and Anthony are rarely apart, but she has been in the country for some time without him after their fathers death' Simon told him.

'Oh, well I'm sure I will be introduced' Charles replied.

'Yes you will. And if Anthony doesn't I will, she would make a brilliant wife' Simon looked at Charles seriously.

'How come you get to try to set me up with girls and when i try you tell me that you're never going to marry, we all know that's a load of shit' Charles laughed.

'Charles! Your language will definitely not get you anywhere with the ladies' Simon laughed at his friend's choice of words.

'Well they are going to have to deal with it, I won't tell them what to do if they don't tell me what to do' Charles quickly told his friends as they would be arriving soon and he knew that they would not get to talk freely after the carriage ride.

'Well that is charming indeed' Simon laughed.

'What? I believe a lady should be able to do whatever she desires! If she wants to be a housewife then so be it but if she wants to go to school who am I to stop her? It would be a pleasure to have a wife who was just as smart as any man' Charles said.

'Keep talking like that I beg if you!' Simon pressed his hands together.

'Why?' Charles laughed at him.

'Because all the women will want to be with you! And if their attention is on you I will not have to disappoint many ladies when I tell them I have no intention of marrying' Simon stated as serious as Charles had ever seen him.

'You act like all the women are going to want you, give the other Lords a chance' Charles joked even though he knew he was right. All the girls who would be looking to marry would be interested in titles and them only, so to hear the duke would be in town all attention would be turned to him.