t w e n t y

Dearest Readers,
An inside source has just revealed to me that Lady Alyssa Devereux and Lord Charles Devereux arrived back on the square last night, after been gone a long 4 months. However I also know that they was supposed to be away for 6 months? Is there trouble in paradise? I think not, as Anthony was seen helping Charles basically carry his wife inside. Is our Lady Alyssa sick? Or is there something more important happening?
We shall see, and hopefully very soon!
-Lady Whistledown.

The doctor arrived fairly early at the Bridgerton Household and was pulled eagerly into the house away from prying eyes and upstairs to where Alyssa had been since she was brought home.

'She's just in there' Anthony pointed to the door, looking to left of him he caught sight of Charles sat in the chair that was conveniently placed outside the bedroom. Charles was in fact fast asleep.

'Charles' Anthony whispered from just beside him.

'Charles' Again he whispered.

'Charles?' Anthony looked closely to check he was breathing.

'Charles' Anthony touched his shoulder to which he jumped clean out of his chair.

'What, what is it? Is Alyssa ok?' Charles looked around frantically.

'She is quite ok, I was just waking you up to let you know the doctor is in with her right now' Anthony smiled at his friends love for his sister.

'Oh good, I just need her to be ok' Charles sat back down and put his face in his hands.

'And she will be, I promise' Anthony reassured himself and Charles.

'Enough of this hopeful talk, onto something more important....like you' Charles looked at a puzzled Anthony.

'Me?' Anthony asked.

'Yes you, any potential wife's on the market?' Charles smiled.

'Oh no, no there isn't any ladies' Anthony chuckled shaking his head.

'If you say so' Charles laughed, just as he laughed the doctor stepped out of the bedroom and closed the door behind himself.

'What's the verdict doctor?' Anthony quickly stopped laughing with his brother in law.

'What is wrong with my wife?' Charles asked worriedly at the doctors face.

'Maybe you should speak to your wife' The doctor nodded towards the door.

Charles ran straight into the room, when he reached Alyssas side he saw her shocked face.

'What is it my love?' Charles kissed her forehead.

'Do you promise to still love me?' Alyssa looked at Charles with wide eyes.

'Of course do not be silly' Charles looked at her full of love.

'I'm pregnant, we are pregnant' Alyssa looked at him to see his reaction.

'I'm going to be a dad?' Charles questioned.

'Yes, yes you are' Alyssa held her breath as he hadn't really reacted yet.

Charles quickly hugged Alyssa before standing up and running into the hallway, where Anthony was still stood.

'We are having a baby!' Charles hugged Anthony.

'Oh my, I'm so happy for you guys' Anthony patted Charles back and walked into see his sister.

'Hello Brother' Alyssa smiled.

'Hello sister, I heard the news. Congratulations' Anthony hugged her and kissed her forehead.

'Thank you, do you think you could help me with something?' Alyssa smirked.

'Anything' Anthony laughed.

~•~

Within the hour, Anthony had rounded up the family and helped Alyssa downstairs which was protested by many of the others.

'So you are probably wondering why you are all here' Alyssa looked at her family.

'Please don't tell me your dying' Eloise spoke up.

'What? Why would you think I'm dying' Alyssa looked at her sister.

'The doctor?' Eloise spoke.

'No I'm not dying, good heavens Eloise' Alyssa laughed.

'Your sure?' Eloise asked.

'No not dying just pregnant' Alyssa added slyly onto the end.

'Oh good' Eloise shrugged.

'Wait PREGNANT!?' Daphne stood up so fast she gave Colin whiplash.

'Yes pregnant' Charles smiled widely.

'Oh my! My first grandbaby!' Violet tested up.

'How far along?' Benedict spoke up.

'About 3 and 1/2 months' Alyssa smiled.

'Oh my! We are going to be meeting this baby soon' Violet jumped up and started hugging everyone as she was overjoyed.

'Not too soon I hope, too full term hopefully' Charles kissed his wife's head.

'Of course' Alyssa smiled back.

A/N: Not too long but they are getting shorter as we are closer to finishing and I needed to post.