s e v e n t e e n

Dearest Readers,
It seems the honorable Viscountesses Eldest Daughter, Miss Alyssa Bridgerton is popular in the marriage market. As it was only the other week she was engaged to Lord Berbrooke was it not? For now she is engaged to Lord Devereux. I send my congratulations and best wishes to the new couple and can only hope love was the reason for a fast wedding and not a scandal. But never fear for I will uncover this.
-Lady Whistledown.

'How does it feel to be engaged?' Daphne asked Alyssa who was being fitted for her wedding dress.

Alyssa already had her dress from when she had been fitted for her engagement to Berbrooke but it just didn't feel right to wear a dress that was meant for another man.

'I do not feel any different Daphne' Alyssa lied staring at herself in the mirror.

'Do not lie to me Alyssa, I am quite alright' Daphne smiled, in the past couple of days Simon had called there so called 'ruse' off and it was more than clear that Daphne had started to fall for him.

'I feel like I'm floating. I love him and he loves me' Alyssa grinned holding both of Daphnes hands.

'It's a good job he does, otherwise you would just be simply trapping him' A voice spoke from behind the two girls.

'Cressida' Daphne greeted harshly.

'Daphne. Alyssa' Cressida grinned looking between the two.

'Alyssa would not be trapping Charles in any way, why would you think that?' Daphne looked at her.

'Well it seems your dear sister and her new husband to be like to take walks. unchaperoned' Cressida emphasized the last word with hiss.

'I do not know what your talking about' Alyssa turned away and back towards the mirror.

'Oh but you do, it would be a shame if this was to... I do not know get out?' Cressida laughed.

'What do you want?' Daphne grabbed Cressidas arm and pulled her into the space between Alyssa and the mirror.

'Nothing. Nothing at all. Just friendship' Cressida shrugged.

'I am not sure I am following' Alyssa looked at her confused.

'You see Charles is a very respected and well known man, and you well your the eldest daughter of the Bridgerton family. I simply would have many suitors lining up if we was friends' Cressida shrugged looking between the two.

'If that is all, I suggest you leave' Alyssa nodded before turning away for the last time.

Daphne sent a sarcastic smile at the girl, as she too turned around. When Cressida had left Daphne turned to her sister.

'So is it true?' She spoke.

'Yes, but I shall be fine Daphne. Do not worry that beautiful head of yours' Alyssa smiled at her sister pushing apiece of Daphnes hair out of her face and behind her ear.

The wedding would need to be soon and fast. As who knows what a desperate wannabe bride would do for a decent suitor.