Chapter 1

Strict parents.

Those two words speak for themselves. For as long as I remember I have been locked up inside my house for years. The only part of freedom I have is when I'm in my room alone in the dark, coming up with imaginary situations in my mind. What can I say, it's not that bad, having your own separate world in your head. Life's so much better in there but I have to keep it real, I also want a life where I am free to make my own choices and to be able to explore the world.

I've had so many crushes in the past, it's almost as if I fall in love with every boy I see who has a beard and a nice toned body. I have probably never even been looked at by any of these boys at school, they all think I'm a weirdo, so I keep my distance and leave it to my imagination. It's Monday 9:00am and I have to get ready for my first day at school, it's torture knowing whether or not I'll be making friends. I really don't want to be lonely in this new school. It will be a fresh start I hope. I leave the house, say goodbye to my parents and I nervously wonder what this day will hold. Will I make friends? Will I fall in love? Eugh who am I kidding, it's me, Laila, I'll never make friends.

One deep breath in, one deep breath out. That's what I do to calm myself down and stop myself from having a mental breakdown. I walk into school cautiously as if I will be catching someone's attention. It's time for English, I despise English, what can I say I've always been more of a Maths girl. I sit down at my assigned seat and just wait for this day to finish already. It's just started and I want to go curl up in my bed. As I'm waiting in my seat, a tall handsome boy walks in and catches my eye. His hair was a honey brown shade, his eyes were glistening, his beard was well kept and his lips, OMG his lips, his lips were plump and slightly red as if he had been biting down on them. Am I in love? Woah, Laila get it together, I can't, he won't even bat an eye towards me.

I quickly look away to make sure he doesn't catch me staring at him. He stands at the door looking for his seat, which ended up being next to me. Not good, not good at all. I've never even spoken to a boy and I'm 16, the closest communication I've had is to my neighbour's son, who's 30. I hope I don't mess up. He walks towards his desk which is right next to me and looks around to see if he knows someone. He then catches me looking down at the desk in front of me.

"Hi, what's your name, are you new?"

I didn't expect that. He said hi to me. Omg. "Oh, hi, my name is Laila, I just started school here"

Oh no, was I supposed to ask him for his name. He awkwardly smiles back as I replied to him. Ok erm, I should ask for his name.

"So what's your name?"

"My name is Aiden" he frantically replies back.

I never speak to boys, this is a whole new experience for me, my heart is beating fast as if he had been staring into my eyes. I really like him, yet I don't know him. That's the problem with me, I can't help it. Class had begun, and I was introduced to everyone, I made my famous awkward smile as I was introduced then sat quickly at my desk. All I want is the day to be over and done with. Slyly, I peak at Aiden sitting beside me looking amazing. I can't get enough of his face. It's genuinely so perfect. God had spent extra time on him. After being in awe for the whole of class, I pull myself together.

Class is almost over, 5 more minutes left. Aiden catches me glaring at him, I get nervous and my heart starts beating abnormally fast. He smiles and his lovely white teeth just glistened, they contrast his beautiful tan skin so well. Ok, Laila, get out of it. I pull myself back into reality, and he says my name.

"Laila".

"Erm yes" I reply nervously.

"I was thinking, as you're new, would you like to be my study partner, I don't do too well in school sometimes and my teachers have told me to look for someone to help me with my studies" Aiden said confidently.

"Oh yh, of course I'd be interested" woah, why did I say interested, who even says that, OMG, he's going to think I'm stupid. I hate myself.

"Ok cool, tonight your place then?" he says.

"Yeah sure" I stuttered. Omg why did I say that, my parents will literally kill me, I can't have boys over, omg this is so embarrassing. "Oh actually, sorry, my parents are kind of strict with the whole boy thing, erm, not that you're a boy I like, actually nevermind, but yeah I'm sorry, it would have to be the library, is that okay?" What the hell, I'm bugging out, I really don't know how to speak to boys.

"Yeah sure, just give me your number and I'll let you know" He gives me his phone, while he's passing it our hands touch ever so slightly and I get goosebumps, he's too good looking, how will I be able to hide my feelings. I put my number in his phone and the bell goes off. That was the longest hour of my life, how am I so stupid. All these thoughts were running through my head saying, why would I be studying with a boy. A BOY. He won't even like me. I am nothing to him. Ok, Laila, get yourself together.

It's almost over, the days almost over...