Chapter Thirty-Nine: We need you

Start from the beginning

"I will."

"Evacuate the city," T'Challa said. "Engage all defences!" He pointed at Steve. "And get this man a shield."

-----

The amassed forces of the Avengers, the Justice League, and the Wakandan armies stood just behind the dome. They had tried reason, and that didn't work.

The dropships opened up, and Thanos' forces came pouring out. They were black-and-yellow, six-armed aliens, and they were charging straight at the dome, trying to break through. The few that did were shot down by the combined forces.

Rhodey noticed a group going around the dome. "Cap, if these things get behind us, there's nothing between them and Vision!"

"How do we stop them?"

"We open the barrier," T'Challa said. He spoke into his comms. "On my signal. Open northwest section 17-A."

"Requesting confirmation, my king. You said open the barrier?"

"On my signal."

"This will be entertaining," Barry said as he got into a running stance. Arthur raised his trident, ready to throw it. Diana drew her sword and shield.

T'Challa's Black Panther mask came over his head. "Wakanda forever!" He shouted. The barrier opened, and the aliens came pouring through, as the forces of good rushed to combat them. Steve and T'Challa lead the charge, throwing punches at any aliens who came their way. Banner, wearing Tony's old Hulkbuster armor, came flying in and drew the alien forces in, blasting them with his massive repulsor cannons. Bucky fired shots from afar, keeping the aliens off his friends. Arthur and Diana mopped up the ones that came for the two of them with relative ease. Barry used his speed to beat the aliens before they even knew what was happening. Natasha whacked them with her stun batons, weakening them for the others to take them down. Wayne speeded towards the fight in the Batmobile, firing all its guns on the attackers and mauling them as he ran over any in his path. It was a formidable defense, but they wouldn't be able to hold it for long.

In the tower, Shuri and Victor rushed to get the stone out of Vision. Wanda watched the chaos outside, thinking she should be there to help them.

"Wanda," Vision said.

"Yes?"

"They can't hold them off long enough. But he can." Wanda knew who he meant. "You have to contact (Y/N)."

"But how? He's on the other side of the galaxy. I can't."

"Yes you can. You just have to find him."

And so Wanda searched, and searched, until she could finally feel his thoughts on some distant, wrecked world. Krypton's remains.

"(Y/N)? (Y/N), can you hear me?"

"Wanda? What's happening? How are you in my head this far away?"

"We need you. We need your help. Back home. They're trying to get Vision's stone."

"I'm coming. Hold them off for as long as you can. I'll be there soon."

He was alive, and he was on his way. All of Wanda's fears had finally melted away, after a whole year.

-----

The defenses were being overrun. Wayne was forced to eject from the Batmobile and let it collide with a mass of the force. Banner had been knocked down, numerous aliens crawling over his mech. Steve, T'Challa, Diana, and Arthur were taking too many to handle. Barry had been knocked down.