1571-1580

Chapter 1571 - Realm Lord

As soon as Shi Feng set foot in the pitch-black shrine, his environment transformed. It felt as if he had just stepped through a teleportation gate and arrived in an entirely different space.

A dark forest loomed before him, and the howling of wolves occasionally echoed in his ears. In the darkness of night, he faintly saw pairs of crimson eyes flicker in the treetops.

This is…a survival battle? Shi Feng wondered as he observed his surroundings. Although it was night here, his vision was unaffected. He could see around him as clearly as if the sun hung above him.

Shi Feng spotted over a dozen Werewolves armed with crossbows and in excellent equipment standing in the trees around him. In addition, he spotted another dozen or so Werewolves with spears and greatswords beneath the trees' cover, radiating an intense killing intent.

All of these Werewolves were Level 55 or above, with the highest at Level 58. They ranged between Elites and Special Elites. If an ordinary player attempted to take all of these monsters on by themselves, they'd definitely be torn apart.

As Shi Feng observed these Werewolves, the sound of a system notification reached his ears.

System: Clear this Divine Shrine to obtain a reward.

When the system notification ended, a system map appeared in the corner of Shi Feng's vision. A teleportation point had been marked on the map in the heart of the forest. It was obvious that he had to reach said teleportation point to leave the Divine Shrine.

However, before Shi Feng could examine the map closely, the Werewolves in the treetops began to attack, the triple-loaded crossbows releasing their bolts at him simultaneously. At the same time, the Werewolves on the ground began to close in, forming a tight encirclement around him.

How troublesome. It seems that the system banned Teleportation Skills, as well. I guess I have no choice but to run to the target. When Shi Feng had noticed the Werewolves' attacks, he had attempted to use Space Movement, teleporting to the destination directly. Unfortunately, Teleportation Skills were prohibited in the Divine Shrine. He had no choice but to unsheath Killing Ray and retaliate.

A rain of bolts from above might be troublesome to ordinary players, but to Shi Feng, the bolts were practically negligible. He easily dodged the bolts and appeared before a Level 56 Elite Werewolf in the blink of an eye. He lightly swung Killing Ray at the melee-focused Werewolf.

Shadow Blade!

Numerous streaks of shadows cut past the Elite Werewolf, each hit dealing several tens of thousands of damage. Like a cannonball, the two-meter-tall Werewolf's body shot backward and slammed into the Werewolves behind it. The monster only returned to the ground after flying over twenty yards. By the time it landed, however, its HP had reached zero. Its body turned to ash and disappeared, leaving several Copper Coins in its place…

These monsters actually drop loot? Shi Feng was slightly confused to see the Copper Coins on the ground.

He had assumed that he'd be striving for nothing here. This was a kind of test, and tests normally didn't provide loot.