981-990

Chapter 981 - Difference Between Guilds

"As expected of the Blackwater Corporation. Despite paying so little attention to God's Domain when it launched, it has so many powerful experts," Shi Feng commented.

Prompted by Shi Feng's remark, Gentle Snow followed his gaze out the window. What she saw, however, surprised her.

White River City was even more prosperous than Star-Moon City. Even in the costly Noble's District, she could see plenty of players going about their business.

From her vantage point, she had a clear view of what these players were doing, and very quickly, several players caught her attention. Although these players seemed to be chatting among themselves, they occasionally turned to look at the room she and Shi Feng occupied. These were not low-leveled players, either; the lowest among them was Level 38, while the rest were Level 39. Among these experts, a few neglected to hide their auras. Hence, she could feel just how much of a threat these people posed.

If she left the building…

Needless to say, she wouldn't leave White River City alive.

The Blackwater Corporation had not prepared overmuch for the first ambush. Shi Feng's presence must've also been unexpected. However, the corporation would prepare from here on out.

"Relax. As long as you're in here, they can't touch you. If you stay here until you recover from your Weakened state, they will eventually give up and leave," Shi Feng assured Gentle Snow. On his way here, he had purchased the latest information regarding Ouroboros from the Secret Pavilion. Although the purchase had cost him a pretty penny, he had learned both bad and good news.

He discovered that the Blackwater Corporation now focused fully on God's Domain. In fact, it had already dealt with the companies that had backed Ouroboros.

To put it simply, Blackwater now owned Ouroboros. Although, it had not yet declared so publicly.

The good news was that he could finally recruit Gentle Snow.

The bad news was that the Blackwater Corporation was not to be trifled with. Among the various international corporations, Blackwater was relatively overbearing. Moreover, the corporation had a powerful affinity for a game like God's Domain.

Compared to veteran gamers, fighting experts a much higher starting point when they joined God's Domain. Their lack of familiarity with God's Domain's superhuman combat style was the only thing that held them back. However, once they were comfortable with this combat style, they would quickly become experts in God's Domain with the combat techniques they had learned in the real world.

The Blackwater Corporation had a perfected system to nurture fighting experts. Moreover, after many years of development, it had various dojos around the globe. Given enough time, even Super Guilds would be no match for the Blackwater Corporation.

Even in the past, shortly after the Mind Space System had launched, the Blackwater Corporation had forced itself into God's Domain.

Although Blackwater had started later than everyone else, it was one of the first corporations to upgrade its own established Guild into a Super Guild.

In contrast, corporations like Open Source could only invest in Super Guilds and super-first-rate Guilds to establish themselves in God's Domain. It was simply too difficult to nurture their own expert players, much less apex experts. By the time they did so, their competition would've left them in the dust.