thirty one

this chapter contains an eating disorder binge episode and talks of negative body image. please be careful when reading if you're triggered by these topics.

"I need a shit hold up" billie pushed the headphones off her ears and walked out of the sound booth, going to the bathroom.

lovely.

we'd been in the studio since nine this morning and we've recorded two songs and worked on a couple others, all inputting on different stuff.

it's crazy how well we all work together and somehow managed to work on some masterpieces so quickly.

I already know they're gonna be hits.

finneas turns away from the Mac to face me, a stupid little smirk on his face. "so" he folds his arms in front of him and slouches back in his chair. "what do you think so far?"

"of?" I raise my brows at him, wondering what he's talking about.

"tour, making music, billie"

"nothing like I thought. it's tiring and I'm not even the one on stage every night, it's fun, challenging, weird. bro I don't even know"

"what about billie?"

"what about billie?" I try to keep my face still, not wanting to give anything away.

oh yeah finneas we're dating, make out everyday and all I can think about is fucking her.

"do I look dumb to you? I see the way you look at her gabby, hell I see the way she looks at you"

"I don't look at her like anything? she's my best friend, I love her and I'm just so proud of her" calling her my friend was hard than I'd like to admit.

"you love her?"

"of course I do! I've been a fan for so long and-"

"that's not the type of love I'm talking about and you know it" finneas cuts me off and I clamp my mouth shut, in shock that he's being so blunt.

I shake my head and briefly close my eyes. "no, I don't"

"so it wasn't you that gave her the hickey?"

I shrug, keeping my face neutral. "the hickey? what does that have to do with love?"

"so it was you. why are you guys hiding it?"

"I didn't give her the hickey and there's nothing to hide finneas" I stand up and walk over to my bag, putting my notebook inside and seeing a text from billie on my Apple Watch.

bambi: EMERGENCY THERE'S NO TOILET PAPER

I can't leave the room because it'll look suspicious so I ignore her message and sit back down, pretending my heart isn't treating out my chest.

billie probably just wants to make out in the bathroom, horny ass.

"who did then?"

"ask you're sister if you're so bothered, why are you hounding me with questions like I know the answers?"

"I've already asked billie and she's being secretive and I thought you would tell me the truth but obviously not"

I furrow my brows at him "have you thought maybe no one is hiding anything and you're reading into this too much?"

"no I don't. you're both being to defensive and I'm gonna find out"

he's really pissing me off and I think this was his goal. hammering me with questions until I break. well fuck you finneas I'm keeping my mouth shut.