fourteen

(over 4k words

(over 4k words... i don't like this chapter but it's SO important.. see if you can spot the mistake before angel does teehee 😁😁😁😁😁 also vote pls)

I thought that John F Kennedy airport was busy when I landed the first time but its even busier on Friday evening. I certainly haven't missed the smell of New York and it makes me wanna vomit. I find the way to the right subway station so I could get back to my apartment easier than getting a taxi or Uber.

The meal with Sarah, my dads girlfriend, went amazing, she's so lovely and my dad was acting like a teen in love. It was great to see him finally looking happy with someone after being alone for so many years.

My dad and I spent the next day going on a long walk together on the beach with Thor and then visited the butterfly sanctuary. I used to go almost every weekend with my mum so it was amazing to see a plaque with her name in memoriam. I explained to my dad how I might be joining Billie on tour and he was happy for me, I mean its a once in a lifetime opportunity that I'm blessed to have.

I spent the last night ordering a bunch of clothes to send to my apartment in NY, watching James Bond with my dad and going to visit my mums grave. Every time I say goodbye it doesn't make it any easier but I know I can always talk to her.

I miss you mum.

I walk down the hall to my apartment with my suitcase dragging behind me and I can't wait to go to bed. I didn't let Cara know when I landed so I wasn't expecting to see her on top of someone on the couch when I walked in but here I am.

I had slammed the door shut and she looked up, and screamed and i covered my eyes, not wanting to see her in her underwear. "carry on i'm leaving" I shouted turning around and walking out of the apartment to get myself away from the awkwardness. I walk back down the hallway and pull out my phone and call Lisa.

FUCK MY LIFE.

There's no way I'm going back upstairs.

"Hello Angel"

"Uh, hi Lisa? Are you in your office? I wanna come see you"

"No! Don't come here, can I come to your apartment?"

"Not unless you wanna watch my roommate get railed"

Lisa chokes on her spit and I laugh, pressing the lift button to send me back downstairs. "Why cant I come to the office?"

"Someone figured out where our offices are and theres a car outside we think is paparazzi looking for you, taking photos of everyone"

"Fuck" I mutter under my breath, running my fingers through my hair, they don't know what I look like but theres too much of a risk. "Ill come pick you up, stay there" Lisa ends the call before I can reply and I groan throwing my head back. Without thinking I pull out my phone and text billie, which I always so when I'm freaking out about something.