Chapter Twenty-one

Start from the beginning

     "Terri, I'm so sorry this happened, okay? Please, let's just go now."

     "No! Who are you suddenly so over-protective of me? Rhodey was supposed to look after me and to protect me. Not you!"

     Suddenly, we heard guns clicking and people saying to raise our hands up. I turned. Friday alerting me that those men are working for QB. I looked at them one by one, telling Friday to lock on their faces. With one stomp on my feet, bullets came out of my suits, attacking those thieves with headshot. All of them went down with one go.

     "Terri!"

     I flew away.

~***~

There are a lot of places that Dad would bring me to cheer me up. When I had an arguments with Mom or had a bad day at school or got bullied at school. If it weren't him, he would ask Happy to do it for him or Happy just knew me well.

     But no beach, no shopping mall, no ice-cream stall, literally there is no place that could be Stark's Tower. It is, in fact, the best home I've ever lived in. Family suit, party deck, R&D department, laboratories, lobby, dining area. I felt like a princess living in a castle.

     I took a bit of my cheeseburger slowly while watching the city below. It is as busy as I remember. The cars honking, people shouting, with bicycle bells, and people partying at the club. It could be fun at night, but not during the day. As I continued watching the city like a romance movie, my helmet suddenly beeped.

      I put it on. Dad video suddenly appears in front of me.

     "I have a thought, Terri. What if, one day, the world doesn't have a piece of my techs? What if I destroyed them all?" For a split second there, I was relieved hearing that because of what happened with the Garage. "Huh, isn't that a good idea? Because if it is, and if I weren't there to do it, maybe you could." Dad winked.

     Just soon after the video died, I flew back to my current safe haven. The window was still shattered, but someone has covered it with a big canvas. Everyone was pretty much sprawled on the floor of the hall, saving the single room for me. I quickly took the Iron Man suit off and started off towards my room to shower and get ready for sleep when my phone vibrated.

     "Miss Stark."

     "Who is this?"

     "This is Agent Carter."

     I was silent as I tried to remember where the hell I know this woman.

     "I heard about your place. I'm sorry to hear that. But I also happen to know that your Dad's time-machine and its control room is compromised."

     "What's that got to do with you?"

     "Take this as a person who is trying to help because Stark helped me, okay?" She said. "Look. Those idiots who took over Stark's time-machine didn't actually know what they're doing. But they're working with one of the most powerful organisation on Earth. Shield. But even Shield do not know what to do with it. They just like to be in possession."

     "If it's Shield, why not Fury or Hill handle it?"

     "Fury and Hill are out of radar. And have you forgotten that Fury is 'dead'?"

     Right. She has a point.

     I sighed. "Look, Agent Carter. I don't know where you are now, but it's late where I am. And it's a rough day for me so I'm going to go. Maybe you can call tomorrow."

     "I can't. I'm actually on a mission on behalf of two of your friends there."

     "Who? Sam and Bucky?"

     "There's no tomorrow. I'm saying this now and once. If you want to take the time-machine back from Shield, give yourself up to Shield."

     "What? No! That's ridiculous!"

     "Gain their trust. Then you can have your time-machine back. You don't have to go all ninja to get it."

     "I was going to destroy it."

     "Oh, even better," Agent Carter said. "Sam has Redwing. Maybe he'll distract the guards just like how they distract Rhodey. One of you can plant a bomb there and then, we know the end."

     "There must a way to destroy it without planting a bomb and distract them and whatever."

     "Well, that's not my expertise. You Starks know better."

    "I'll see what I can do," I said before cutting the phone call and headed to sleep.