𝗳𝗶𝗳𝘁𝘆 𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲

Start from the beginning

At this, Bianca's eyes widened, "Ward kicked you out?" Her voice softened slightly.

"Yeah- I've been staying at the Glissons, they're in Sun Valley all summer," He stuttered out, "I was supposed to be house sitting for them."

The Glissons were a Kook family that were honoured members of the Island Club– Bianca used to have playdates with their son, when they were both eleven years old while Lydia and his mother chatted away about charity galas and yacht parties with a glass of rosè between them. However,  they'd sent their regrets upon not being able to attend Midsummers last week due to being in Sun Valley all summer.

"Why?" Bianca mumbled, her eyebrows pulled together in concern.

"I was uh-" He huffed, straightening his back, "Trying to pay Barry back and I knew Ward kept some watches in the safe behind that painting in his office-"

"So you stole from him?" Bianca's eyes widened, "Rafe-"

"Could you just shut up and stop judging me for like- one second!" He interjected, his lips pulled into a sneer.

Bianca didn't say more after that, crossing her arms over her chest and though she was silent, she was still fuming. Rafe continued, "He found me in his office so he uh- gave Barry his money and kind of beat him up and then he kicked me out."

This did nothing to stifle Bianca's surprise- the thought of Ward beating the shit out of Barry didn't sit right with her. Her eyes narrowed, "What happened to you, Rafe?" Bianca whispered lowly, trying to figure out what had gone so, so wrong between the start of summer to this moment.

Up until then, Kiara and Pope had been watching the couple fighting intently, wincing and cringing at every scathing comment they spat at each other. Only when the sound of another engine rumbling towards them neared did they glance backwards to see Topper riding up in his own dirt bike.

"Come to try and kill me again, Top?" Pope sneered, getting out and leaning back on Bianca's car.

The blond boy scoffed, "Yeah- here we go- always the Kook's fault isn't it?"

Kiara joined Pope, her arms crossed over her chest, "Get out of of here, Topper."

"I'm not the one corrupting these girls from a prominent family and getting her involved in a life of crime!" Topper raised his voice, glancing over at Bianca in concern.

"You have no idea what's going on-" Kiara interjected, glaring at him harshly.

"Oh- I have no idea what's going on?!" The boy yelled, he didn't mean for it to be so malicious, but his ex-girl friend and best friend was in trouble, "I know you're stealing 25K from a drug dealer, huh?! You getting her involved in this shit!?"

"Listen to me, B" Rafe ground out, his grip tightening over her, "I'd give Barry his money back, like, yesterday-"

"Fuck you!" She snapped, "You worry about your shit and I'll worry about mine!"

Just as she began to walk away, Rafe whirled around, "I'm taking care of my own shit, okay!?" He shouted harshly.

Bianca's feet faltered, watching as his cerulean eyes darted wildly around, unable to focus. Looking at the state of the boy now she almost felt bad for him- his breaths came out in small pants, muscles rigid with stress, "And one day- I'm gonna be running the show, B!"

"Whatever," Bianca scowled, "I'm fucking done."

"What?" The boy's face suddenly paled, "Done- what do you mean done?"

Everything seemed to move in slow motion as Rafe's eyes widened and all he could hear is his rapidly beating heart that was about to burst from his chest. Bianca felt her heart crack at the dejected look on the boy's face, jaw clenched as he turns his head, looking off to the side.