Go off

✧・゚:* Aether Pov *:・゚✧

'Shit...'

This Cryogunner was a handful.

His attacks hurt like crazy, but I had to persevere, no matter what.

'Though his attacks are tough, he's pretty slow. If I just work around him I'll- is that a sunsettia?'

Seeing the small, pink fruit roll between me and the Skirmisher, I confusedly stared at it.

So did the skirmisher, who had stopped midway through his attack to look at it.

Hearing a snap, the fruit began to glow brightly. Battle instincts took over, and I jumped away from it immediately.

It was a good thing too, as the Sunsettia had imploded.

Various roots and branches coming from the fruit coiled around the Skirmisher, eventually encasing him fully in a gigantic tree that was halfway hanging of the platform.

Thinking quickly, I kicked the growing plant with all my might, causing my leg to hurt, but achieve my goal any way. With it having no security to the platform, it fell towards the ground below.

I looked back to where the Sunsettia had come from, seeing (Y/n) frantically throwing fruit around the platform.

"NYEH! NYEEH! YOU GET A FRUIT! AND YOU GET A FRUIT. TAKE IT! TAKE IT ALL!!!!"

.

.

.

'I love her.'

✧・゚:* ♡ *:・゚✧

Laughing madly as I threw the fruit around, I would snap every time one landed near an enemy.

Sometimes they would simply explode, and others would grow into a fully grown tree.

Whatever worked.

"Here! Here!"

Paimon was supplying me with more and more of the sweet treats, nabbing them from all of our adventurer's packs.

Yeah, we wouldn't be having fruit for a while.

"Okay! Give me some more Pai!"
I yelled out, not looking back at Paimon as I held my hand out to receive more fruit.

"Uh... We ran out."

"WHAT!?"

Looking at the small girl who was ruffling through the bags, she shook her head.

"There's no more."

"How can that be!?" I yelled out, "we had so much though!"

With a blank look, she retorted, "about 70 percent of the fruit you threw rolled off the platform."

I clicked my tongue.

Looking around at the battlefield, Various soldiers were already being taken down.

It was a massacre there, and I felt like a sitting duck.

"Now what..."

As I tried to come up with a new plan, I was surprised by a rough kick to my back.

"AH SHI-"

My body tumbled down, into the free as I caught a glimpse of the one who had attacked me.

It was a pyro gunner. One who had soon teleported over to my side, aiming his gun towards my head.

"Oh."

Without thinking, I kicked the gun harshly to the side, forcing my legs to turn my body and stand upright.