Side Quest! Imagine having Fleas

✧・゚:* ♡ *:・゚✧

"AGH!"

"Aether chill, it's just some hydro sli- WAGHH"

Getting blasted in the face with a water beam wasn't my ideal skin routine.

Ignoring Aether's laugh after seeing me get hit by the attack, I went to swing my Claymore down on the slimes.

We ran into them while on a walk-in Wolvendom, and though they are low-level creatures, they were annoying as hell.

As my large weapon went to hit the monster, it bounced right off the slime's surface, the flat part slamming right into my face.

"PINCHES ARMA!"

Holding my nose, I stepped back to see the slime evolve into.... a bigger slime.

The thing was huge, and could probably squash me in an instant.

"Aether, I think the slime hit puberty."

Aether had dashed forward in front of me, attempting to lunge into the slime with his sword until the fierce crackle of lightning was heard.

From above, a boy with some ratchet-looking clothes swooped down, spearing his claymore into the ground.

Doing a few tricks with his weapon, he managed to scare away the slimes back into the forest.

With them out of the way, he turned to us with a semi-angry look. Actually, it might have just been his resting face.

"Th-thank you so much!" Paimon greeted as she floated towards the boy. "You're a life sa- AHHHH WOLVES!!"

Her piercing scream made my eardrums hurt, but seeing as how there were real wolves standing behind the guy, I supposed she had a reason to.

"Hey weird guy, you don't know how many alpha wolf girls your pissing off right now" I stated as I rubbed the ear that was closest to Paimon.

Of course, the Boy didn't understand what I was saying, so he instead chose to console Paimons worries. "Do not worry! Wolves friends. But, you are...?"

His broken... language, showed that he wasn't very in tune with proper grammar usage. Hey, I wasn't gonna judge him on it, but I did want to know why.

"We're just some boring old travelers passing through..." Paimon responded to his earlier question, though she did so in a hesitant manner. I guess she was still spooked about the wolves who were just chilling behind the boy.

As the stranger sniffed the air around us, he made the assumption that we were from the Knights of Favonious. 'Was there some type of Knights of Favonious perfume?'

Since he assumed we were apart of the knights, he labeled us as friends, introducing himself in the process.

"I am Razor! Wolf pack, is family. They raised me. We live together."

Finally knowing the name of the silver-haired boy, we decided to help him as he helped us. Apparently, when he came to help us, he also exposed an ambush on a boar.

Assuring him that we would get the boar meat for him, we set off to find a nice big hog.

Gathering 3 pieces of boar meat, we went back to deliver them.

"I- thanks but... Wolves catch 5 or 6 every hunt... tonight, they go hungry..."

His sad tone bothered me, a lot, and I couldn't stand to see him all sad. It's been what? 5 minutes since we met him, and I've already garnered a soft spot for him.