I want a church girl that go to church

✧・゚:* ♡ *:・゚✧

Kaeya had left as soon as he was finished talking to Aether about his suspicions of the Abyss order and their actions.

I was more than glad as it would have been awkward if he tried to strike up a conversation with me.

Although Kaeya has shown to act laid-back and buoyant, I couldn't help but feel tense and on-edge whenever I was around him. A far cry from the comfortable air I shared with his brother.

Besides that point, Amber had shown up right as the Cryo user dissapeared from our sights.

With that, we all sat down to eat.

It was fun, eating and talking with the outrider. We shared stories of what had happened, all the while eating the savory sticky honey roast Sara served us.

"So..." Amber began as she swallowed the mouthful of meat. "Now that the Stormterror threat is behind us, what are you planning on doing next?"

I thought about it for a moment.
'Well, that's an easy question to answer.'

Paimon responded to Amber's question with her usual lengthy explanations.

As for me, I knew I was going to stick by Aether's side until he finds his sister. I mean, in all honesty, I had nothing better to do, and it has been fun so far.

What would happen after that? Well... I actually didn't know.

It's hard having so much time on your hands...

"...You'll always be a friend of the Knights of Favonious! As well as our honorary Knight and Medic! Wherever you may go, Let the wind lead!"

I giggled at Amber's hearty answer. After hearing that we planned on leaving Monstadt as soon as possible, she still wanted to send us off with a big smile.

Amber was the first one to actually help us on our journey. For that, I had great respect for the Outrider, and I would definitely remember her through our travels.

"Thank you, Aleksandrya."

"I- mm. Dont mention it, (Y/n)."

✧・゚:* ♡ *:・゚✧

The inside of the church glowed as the sun's rays shone through the tinted windows.

The rows of seats were empty as the only people who were in here all gathered at the front.

Amber who we were sent by didn't come along, but she told us we were needed.

Those who stood in the cathedral were, me, Aether, Jean, Venti, and Barbara.

There was also Paimon, but I couldn't say she was standing...

Jean, who watched us enter, gestured to the blond nun who stood proudly in the middle of us all.

"Honorary knights, this is the draconess of the church, Barba-"

"BARBARAAAAA!!!!!!!"
I didn't need to be told who she was as I hopped straight into the popstar's arms.

"Hehe, (Y/n)! It's so good to see you again!"

Smushing my cheek against hers, she giggled breathily at my actions.

Jean, who I had rather rudely cut off, composed herself as she asked, "Oh? Do you know each other?"

Barbara took it upon herself to explain the situation, clarifying that we met a few months ago.

It was true, that right before meeting Aether, I had a run-in with the adorable nun. We exchanged a bit of conversation before she had to leave and find a girl named... Rachel? Reily?