➷ | 𝐕𝐄𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐂𝐔𝐀𝐓𝐑𝐎

。˚۰˚☽˚⁀➷。˚⸙͎۪۫⋆ ༄ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐕

❝use y=ax+b to calculate the slope
of how downhill my life is going❞

❝𝐘𝐎𝐔'𝐕𝐄 got to be shitting me," an all too familiar voice mumbled, snapping Nick from his trance

❝𝐘𝐎𝐔'𝐕𝐄 got to be shitting me," an all too familiar voice mumbled, snapping Nick from his trance. He had been sitting at one of the tables and the far back of the library, minding his business and flipping through his physics textbook in an attempt to block out the giggles. He could feel their eyes on him.

Let's just say some of the freshmen didn't even try being discreet.

He looked up and turned around, glancing at who had just spoken, the corners of his mouth lifting as he noticed
who it was.

"Wipe that grin off your face," Jordyn scoffed, flopping on the chair in front of him and groaning.

Nick shook his head and chuckled, "Hello to you too."

"Hi," Jordyn blankly replied.

"So you're my new physics tutor?" he raised an eyebrow.

"Yes," Jordyn sighed. "And I'm an idiot for agreeing to this before asking Fundy who he was tutoring."

"Okay I'm not that bad," Nick crossed his arms and narrowed his eyes.

"Well, that's up for me to judge now, isn't it?" she said, pulling her textbooks up and slamming them on the table.

Nick glanced between Jordyn and the books she had just placed, wearily, and laughed nervously, "Yeah."

Turns out Nick was a liar, a terrible one too. He wasn't just bad, the guy was horrible at physics. Literally nothing Jordyn had spent the rest of their break explaining registered inside his head.

"How are they not the same?!" Nick gasped. "They're literally the same thing!"

"Oh my god- Nick!" She repeated for the fifth time already. "The displacement and the distance are not the same thing."

"How?"

"What do you mean how?" she retorted. "The displacement can be a negative value, the distance cannot be negative!"

"It's just moving backwards!" he stated.

Jordyn looked at him bewildered. "Moving backwards- what? no!" she cracked up. "Listen, Nick, the distance cannot be negative, period, get that shit inside your head. What part of the distance can't be negative do you not understand?"

"Well it's hard to focus when there's people giggling uncontrollably behind your back," he snapped at the freshmen.

Jordyn pressed her lips into a thin line and ran a hand through her hair. It was clear they were getting to nowhere and the fact that she couldn't help him was ticking her off.

"Fine," she mumbled and placed the books back into her bag and threw it on her shoulder. "Come on, let's go," she gestured.

"Go?" Nick looked up at her quizzically. "Where do you want us to go?"

"To do drugs," she replied. "Where do you think? We're getting out of here and away from those people, at least the students around here."

"Oh- okay," he nodded. "You got a place in mind?"

"I haven't thought that far ahead yet," she admitted.

Nick hummed, "We can go to my mom's bakery," he suggested. "It's not too far down the street."

"Your mom's bakery?" Jordyn frowned. "What about our classes?"

"Who cares about class?" he rolled his eyes.

"I do," Jordyn said. "I mean if my mom found out she'd beat the shit out of me and that's not very poggers. Speaking about moms, wouldn't yours tell your dad?" she wondered.

"Coach Halo's not really my dad," Nick mumbled.

"But I thought-"

"Can we not talk about it?" he added. "At least not in a public space."

"Yes," Jordyn nodded. "Yes, of course, you don't have to talk about it, it's just that I remember you saying something along the lines of him-"

Jordyn was cut off when he placed his hand over her mouth and leaned down to whisper in her ear, "You don't ever shut up now do you?"

"Come on," he continued, warmly smiling down at her and moving his hand down to gently grab hers. "Let's get out of here, m'kay?"

Jordyn's brows raised slightly and her eyes gleamed, a tint of pink revealing on her cheeks. She hesitantly agreed, "Yeah."

"Alright," he chuckled and pulled her away with him.

A/Nit went horribly wrong- what about today's/tomorrow's stream where the huge penny drop is said to happen?

A/N
it went horribly wrong- what about today's/tomorrow's stream where the huge penny drop is said to happen?

w // spoilers for the red banquet