★Twenty-Four★

When the game is over, the matter is how many hearts were lost and who won.

As the sun rose up and brightened every corner and went down again into its hiding place, so did Ivan's hope, at a point, he could loose all hope, the weight of defeat bringing his spirit down, his shoulders would slump while his head hung low, his brows furrowed as he thought deeply.

The days hadn't been easy ones either, with everyone and everything constantly reminding of how he failed. When he went to work, they'd call him names, they directly made jest of him or behind him, and every time he heard her name, his heart broke, his body felt weaker and his mind became weary.

With every passing day, he knew he was gradually loosing her.

Ivan shook his head furiously, trying to concentrate on the work  he was doing, he pulled the face cap closer to his face, so it'd cover most part of his face hopefully, and then he went on to carry the boxes and hurled them into the loading truck.
There were ten young men in total, and Ivan listened on as they chatted happily while they worked, some were shirtless, sweat dripping from their face down to their body, it snaked slowly down to their chest and disappeared into their trousers, there was sound of machines as they screeched.
After working in the factory for almost a month, Ivan had become used to the noise, the screeching of machines and the yells from supervisors and workers, he still was able to think clearly and straight through it all.

He paused for a moment, trying to catch his breath, he checked the time on his phone and realized he had an hour to go, then he'd leave for his other job as a delivery boy.
A hand settled on his shoulder and a boy his age appeared in front of him, his sweaty body glistening under the hot sun, he grinned at Ivan revealing teeth that were turning brown.

"Hey my man!" The boy said, he was one if the few people in the factory Ivan could talk to, Ivan even considered him as a friend.

"My man, wossop? ( what's up)" Ivan replied unenthusiastically, he just wanted the time to move faster so he could leave for his delivery job, he enjoyed that one more than his other jobs.

"Something dey go on wey you for spy ( There's something going on which you have to see)"  The boy pulled his phone out of his pocket, he turned it on and then showed the screen to Ivan after he found what he was looking for.

Ivan's heart twisted at what he saw, he prayed his face showed nothing as he pushed the phone away from his face slowly, he shook  his head and gave the boy a crooked smile.
Bending down, he lifted a box and moved to hurl into the truck, he hoped his friend had left him to be by himself, but he groaned inwardly when he realized he was still there.

"You won't do anything about it?" This time the boy spoke English with a serious look on his face.
Ivan turned to look at him, he raised a brow and shook his head again.

"Have you lost your mind? You want me to do something? If it were you would you do something about it?"
Ivan took yet another box and hurled it into the truck, someone in the truck caught and gave it to another person who was arranging the goods, then he turned to look at his friend again.

"I would, eii ago fight o ( I would fight), see how she looks happy in the picture with that boy, weytin be ein name again?( what's his name again?), jon boy ( idiot)"
Ivan's friend hissed shoving the phone back into his pocket, Ivan chuckled at his friend's outburst, he chuckled because his friend would never understand.

"You've taken it personal" Ivan stated.

"Of course I would, I can feel your pain bro"  the boy said, he pointed his index finger towards Ivan and smiled at him, Ivan chuckled loudly at what he said.
They continued to chat about other things, the topic about how Serene and King looked like the perfect couple in a photoshoot they had taken long forgotten.

On Ivan's side, the thought wasn't forgotten and as he stepped out of the factory heading to his delivery job, the picture kept creeping back into his head, it mocked and tortured him, and bruised his ego.

He got into the mall in no time and he absentmindedly signed in, took his helmet and went to sit on the bike assigned to him after the goods he was delivering had been packed.

As he rode to his destination, his mind far away and loosing focus, he didn't notice the car that was following him, not until the car overtook him and moved suddenly into the lane Ivan was using, in an attempt to avoid hitting the car, he lost his grip and he and his bike went flying across the road.

His head hit the ground with a great impact and a loud crack was heard as his body twisted in a horrible way, then his world went black.