DxD Chapter 6: Forever hold your Peace

Start from the beginning

Nate then walked to the front of their little group

A few hours earlier....

Issei ran up to Nate and Asia's door and knocked on it. Nate opened it and saw Issei. Issei was about to say something, but Nate interrupted him.

"Ah, Issei, good. I was just about come and get you." Nate said.

"Wait, really?" Issei asked.

"Yeah, come in." Nate said.

Issei then noticed Paul hauling weapons back and forth from the house to the garage.

"Is that the Fallen Angel from when you trained us?" Issei asked.

"Yeah, he's helping out." Nate said.

Issei then followed Nate inside.

"I'm guessing by the magic circle in your hand, Grayfia saw you as well?" Nate asked.

"Yeah... wait, 'as well'?" Issei asked.

Nate then held up a paper with a magic circle drawn on it.

"I see. So she came to you too." Issei said.

"Sí. Looks like we're both going to rescue our favorite Red-head Princess." Nate said.

"Right... Nate, I'm glad that you're helping and all, but I have to ask... why? You've never cared about our causes before... so why now?" Issei asked.

"I checked the contract I signed after Rias inducted me as a Temporary Piece. I also read the Terms of Payment. If that Chicken Pedophile marries her, she loses all rights to pay me. And I'll be fucked if I'm losing my only source of income here." Nate explained.

"I see... so you're only doing because you have something to gain." Issei said, a little disgusted.

"Don't we all in this situation? Besides... if it makes you feel better, I do have a moral reason for doing this, but I'd like to keep that to myself." Nate said.