Chapter 62-I can't move on

Start from the beginning

I went to my flat after leaving her in the training hall, texting Sid that I'd be taking a half-day.

Once in the flat, I took my cigarette out and taking a puff, I called the first person that came to my mind.

"Hey Bhai, what's up?" Adarsh said.

"She's gone" I whispered on the phone, crushing the cigarette under my foot.

"Who?" he asked from the other end, sounding worried.

"Siya" I said and a lone tear escaped my eyes which I've been holding for so long.

"Wait a minute bhai" he said and I heard him asking Sophia to handle the meeting and then some shuffling noise from the background.

"What happened Bhai, tell me now" he said after a few minutes.

"Sh... she's getting married," I explained.

"Siya?" he asked after a few seconds.

"Yes" I said and a sob escaped my mouth.

"Bhai, please don't cry. I'll come there right away, don't worry, everything will be fine, "he said.

"There's nothing that can be done now, Adarsh. She's getting married. My Siya is getting married to him, "I said, sobbing now.

I was pathetic and vulnerable now, but I didn't care.

For once, I wanted to let all my emotions flow because I've kept these emotions bottled up in me for a very very long time.

"Bhai, please don't cry. She was already gone, a long time back. We have already discussed it many times, "he said.

"I love her dammit" I screamed at him.

I let my tears fall freely now. I didn't care how vulnerable I sounded.

Because Adarsh is my brother, I didn't mind showing him my weekside.

"I love her" I whispered now.

"I know Bhai but you need to move on from her. She never once asked or tried to contact you in all these years. When you finally know that she's getting married, it's finally time for you to move on, "he said.

"I understand what you're saying, Bhai, but I can't," I explained.

"Please Bhai, you need to accept that she has moved on," he said.

"I think I should go now" I said and disconnected the call.

Lying on the bed, I was just tossing and turning around when a text message caught my attention on my phone.

It was Samaira's text.

She had sent all the details of her wedding functions but what caught my attention was the fact that her wedding was on the same day and city as Mohit's.

Dad had asked me to attend the wedding and told me the date on which Mohit was getting married.

I was always finding an excuse to skip Mohit's wedding as I couldn't see Siya and him getting married in front of my eyes.

Initially, I had decided not to attend Samaira's wedding, but looking at the circumstances, I decided to attend it now.

I could pay a visit to my parents, and then on the wedding day, I'd make an excuse to join them later after Samaira's wedding, but I'd totally skip it.

This sounded perfect.

Ordering lunch for me, I was asleep when the door opened and Sid came in.

"Hey, you okay?" he asked, sounding worried.