Dinner Party

Ivy giggles as Jackson holds her hand while driving to Meredith's house, "You know, Callies bringing her new girlfriend. I wonder how Arizona's gonna react."

He smiles, "I think she'll be fine. She'll be smiling and happy because she's Robbins."

"You know I'm on-call tonight. At least until like 8. So I may have to leave at some point during the dinner. Make sure that people are welcoming to her. Callie is so happy and she really likes this woman. Let's keep her around for a little while," Ivy reminds him.

"I know the drill. Don't worry, I'll make sure that everyone plays nice. I'm sure once they find out about our little one, they will all be cheerful and happy. Don't worry, nothing will go wrong," Jackson promises, pulling into Meredith's driveway.

They quickly go up to the door and knock where Meredith answers, "Hey."

Ivy smiles, "Hey, we're not late, are we?"

"No, not at all. You can set your coat over there. Can I get you two a drink?" Meredith asks as Jackson hands her the bag they brought.

"Uh, you know what? Whiskey would be great for me," Jackson tells her, helping Ivy with her coat.

"I'm on call so a club soda with lime," Ivy says as Meredith doesn't make a move.

Ivy heads into the living room as Jackson puts their coats away.

As soon as she makes her way over to Callie and her date, Callie drags both of them up to find Meredith, "Hey. Well, Ivy and I have to go check on a posterior shoulder dislocation at the E.R. I tried to talk the fellow through it, but he's an idiot, so-"

"Uh, thank you for having us," her girlfriend starts to say.

"No, no, no. You stay and have fun. This won't take long. Plus, with Ivy coming with me, it cuts that time in half," Callie argues.

"No, I'd rather-"

Callie cuts her off, "Penny should stay, right?"

Alex looks to Meredith before nodding, "Sure."

Ivy senses the awkwardness in the air, "This shouldn't take long. I may even make it back in time to help April finish cooking. Also, I have some news to share later, so be prepared. Alex, how about you get, Penny, right? Yeah, Penny a drink."

○○○○

Callie ties the back of Ivys gown as she talks to her and Owen, "I don't know what she was worried about. I mean, Arizona loves her. They were like talk, talk-talk-talk-talk. I mean, everyone loves her. You have to meet her, Hunt. You're coming over, right?"

He nods, "I am headed over there right now."

Ivy smiles, "Well, I for one, can't wait to properly meet her. She seems so sweet. Wait, Hunt, how about we all drive over together. The consult shouldn't take more than 10, 15 minutes."

"Sure."

"Yeah, that'll give you time to change," Callie mentions.

"Sounds good. Wait. Wait. I need to- I need to change?" He looks down at his clothes.

Ivy and Callie share a look, "Oh, no, you look fine. That looks good...on you. You know Amy is there, right?"