Quitting

Ivy sits on Derek and Meredith's couch as Callie tries to get everyone on board with her idea, "I am telling you, once we got those doctors talking, it was a horror show."

Arizona shushes her, "Shh. I just got Sofia back down."

Ivy adds what she knows, "Portland Gen has quotas now. It's unspoken but understood you have to have a certain number of procedures. And, no research," she sees them look at her confused, "When I heard about Pegasus, I made some calls to find out more about their hospitals."

"They're only interested in high volume, high price tag procedures. Barely any patient interaction. So no research, no innovation, no opportunity to do what it is we got into medicine to do," Callie expresses.

"Well, we won't let that happen to us here," Derek argues.

"Der, that won't work. They said that as well. Next thing you know, anyone who fights it is out. Then you either get wore down or you leave. None of those options are good. Nobody at the hospital wants to leave but some of them will if they can't actually do what they came to do. I think Callies idea is a good one but we are going to need help," Ivy sighs.

Meredith looks to her husband, "Maybe they're right."

Arizona holds her hands up, "Just wait. What if we don't want to? I'm sorry. It's never been my dream to run a hospital."

Callie argues, "Okay, well, you might not have to run it."

"Cristina should be here," Derek says.

"I have been texting her," Meredith tells him.

"I just got back to work. And, Derek, you just got your hand back. Don't you want to just work?" Arizona asks.

Ivy laughs, "Do you not hear what we're saying? This isn't going to be work. This is going to be surgical robots. Think about this, the surgeries and patient care that your tiny humans will need, is going to cease to exist. They are going to suffer because we could do something but didn't have the support to. Buying the hospital may be the only chance we have."

Derek shakes his head, "The job is much harder than you think. I wanted it once, and I hated it. We should stay the course. I made a deal with Pegasus that apparently will help the sale."

"What...deal?" Meredith asks.

"Nothing. It's stupid but maybe that's how we make it work, from the inside," Derek suggests.

Arizona asks, "What about Hunt? I mean, he's pushing for the Peagsus sale. He thinks it's a good deal. So what's he gonna say?"

"Cahill is using him. Getting his support and he has no choice but to follow. Plus, he feels guilty. He thinks that the E.R. being closed down is part of his punishment. So no. I don't think he thinks this is a good deal," Ivy argues.

Then they get into the prices, "What are we talking about, like $100 million, $200 million?"

"You know what we're talking about, we have more than we're ever gonna be able to spend anyway."

"Okay, enough! We don't know how much this will cost us. We need help if we're going to do this. But standing here and yelling at each other is not going to work. I know for sure we're going to need more than the $75 million us five have," Ivy gets their attention.

"I had some money before all this. I've got about... 700 grand and I can get to it right away," Callie tells them.

Meredith adds, "Its true. We have money in the I.R.A. and we have about-"

Derek stops her, "No, let's not get ahead of ourselves."

Callie suggests, "Well, just the lawsuit damages then. And, uh, we've got Marks share, too."