One-Shot #12: Sneaking Out

Time: The older twins are 17

"But dad, everyone is going to this party. Why can't I go?" Alexus asks her father as he cooks dinner with his wife.

"Not everyone. You aren't," Jackson tells her.

Alexus looks unamused before rolling her eyes, "Mom, tell him that I should be able to go."

Ivy shakes her head, "No, your father said no, and I stand behind him and his decision."

Aurora asks, "Why do you even want to go to this party so bad?"

"Because all of my friends are going and I'm a senior. This is the year where I'm supposed to do all the fun senior things like party."

"No, Ashton will be there and she's hoping to flirt with him," Christopher exposes his twin, working on his homework.

Alexus glares at him as Jackson looks to her, "Is that true, Alexis?"

"No!"

Aria looks up from her breakfast, "But that's not what you said in your diary. You said he's so cute and you'd give anything to be his girlfriend."

"You read my diary?!" Alexus shrieks, causing the others in the family to cover their ears.

"Not on purpose. I was looking for that blue blouse you own and I stumbled upon it," Aria shrugs.

"Mom!" Alexus complains.

Ivy looks between her daughters, "Okay, Aria, no more going into Alexus' room to borrow clothes, same thing for you two, Adelia, Aurora. And Alexus, your dad said no, so no. You can stay home and watch movies with us."

Alexis groans, "No, mom!"

Jackson warns her, "Alexus Charlotte! Enough! Get ready for school and you are not going to that party tonight."

"Fine."

○○○○

That night, Alexus makes a big deal about locking herself in her room before changing. She opens her window before looking down. It's just a short climb. Down the tree. No problem. She's got this. Taking a small step out, she slowly makes her way down the tree and to her friend Sarah's car, "Hey."

"Girl, you took forever."

"I'm sorry, I had to climb out of my window. It was scary!" Alexus says, looking behind her at her house fading away and making sure her parents didn't follow her.

"Well, it's time for you to flirt your cute little butt off," Sarah jokes.

Alexus smiles, "Why do you think I wore my cute dress while climbing out a tree?"

Sarah laughs, checking out the dress, "If your dad saw you in that, he'd kill you."

"Oh, 100%."

○○○○

Looking at her phone, she sees it's 3 am, meaning that her parents are definitely asleep so she sneaks in the front door. Closing it quietly, she tip toes across the hall to the stairs when the lights turn on. Freezing, she turns and sees Ivy sitting on the couch.

"Wow, 3 am," She says, crossing her legs before gesturing to the chair across from her, "Sit."

Alexus obediently sits, "Mom, I can expla-"

Ivy stops her, shaking her head, "Sweetie, I used to sneak out all the time. So did your dad. We expected this. Especially since you talk to Aunt Amy a lot."

"So, I'm not grounded?" Alexus asks hopefully.

Ivy laughs, "Oh, no, you so are. Since it's 3 am, I think three weeks should suffice."

Alexus' mouth drops, "Three weeks!? That's a little harsh, don't you think?"

Shrugging, Ivy gets up to go to bed, "Should've been home at 1 or 2. Would've only been a week or two. But you decided to take after your mother and stay out later. See you in the morning," Ivy kisses her daughters forehead, "Don't forget that you have that breakfast outing with Grandma Catherine in a few hours. I'd get some sleep and hope your concealer is strong enough to cover the bags under your eyes in the morning."

"Not helpful, Mother!"

"Not trying to be, daughter!"

Ivy gets back into bed, snuggling into Jackson, "So, what time is it?"

"3 am. Three week grounding."

"Told you she took after you."

Sitting up, Ivy looks at her husband, "Would you like to sleep on the couch for those three weeks?"

He pulls her towards him, "Shh, you're tired. Go to sleep before you punish your husband unnecessarily."

○○○○

AN: a short and sweet one. Requested by @ellemaymanser

I love writing the kids older but I can't always remember the age difference between them. I should have written them down but if anyone knows or remembers, please let me know!

QoC: who's the worse influence on the kids of all the adults?

Thanks for all of the votes and reads and comments!!!