Silver Flood

Ivy walks with Jackson in the hall, "Who did you get to watch the twins tonight?"

"My mom. She'll pick them up from the daycare and then bring them to our house tomorrow morning," Jackson tells her.

She smiles, "So...we have the house to ourselves tonight?" Ivy looks down onto her pager, "Oh, we need to head to the pit."

On their way to the pit, they find Callie talking to Cross, "A silver flood is a fracture feast. I need slings, splints and pelvic binders, as many as you can get your hands on."

"Silver flood?" Ivy smiles at one of ther mentors.

"Silver flood. Oh, and page every on call x-ray tech," Callie smiles back.

"Haven't seen one of these since Mercy West," Jackson comments.

She laughs, "Oh, this is my dream day. Trauma meets ortho in a glorious amount? This will be fun"

The intern asks, "Yes, but what is it exactly?"

○○○○

In the E.R., Ivy finds her perfect blend of trauma and ortho. Owen and Callie find her smiling behind the nurses desk, "Shepherd-Avery, how are you holding up?"

She is giddy, "Are you kidding me? This is my jam. Ortho and trauma. Even as an intern, during Silver floods, every attending wanted me. My patient care is unbeatable not to mention my surgical skills. This is my playground."

Owen looks at Callie, "She is like this because of you."

"No, this is all you, meat-baller. She may be my ortho goddess, but she is a trauma soldier first," Callie snorts.

"She is right here. Now, I've got to go because is see a problem," she rushes to find an intern doing chest compressions, "How long has he been down?"

He continues, "10 minutes. I ran through the ACLs v-fib protocol twice," Ivy takes over.

Ivy nods, "Okay, charge to 200. What happened?"

Cross hands her the paddles, "He was having chest pains, so I gave him some nitro. His B.PM bottomed out all at once. I'm worried he was on E.D. meds. We asked him."

"Well, was he? Clear!" She shouts.

Jackson walks up to them, "What happened?"

"He insisted he wasn't. We asked him several times. We told him what could happen."

"Clear!"

"He probably lied," Jackson sighs.

Cross questions, "Why would he do that when we told him?"

Ivy sighs, "People can be stubborn, men usually even more. Time of death 12:19."

"We told him. What do...what do we do now?" Cross looks to Jackson as Ivy walks away.

Getting back to the nurses station, Ivy feels a tap on her shoulder, "Yes?"

A nurse hands her some papers, "The blood analysis you asked for for the Jane Doe?"

"Oh, yes, thank you!" Ivy grabs them, putting them in her pocket for later.

○○○○