The News

"Did you hear?" April questioned me as I am changing in the locker room.
I look at her, "Hear what? Did Charlie finally ask Reed out?!"
She snorts and shakes her head, "No, Mercy West is closing. We are merging with Seattle Grace. We have to clear out our stuff ASAP. We apparently need to report there next week."
I freeze. 'Great, I get the pleasure of working with Derek. Crap, everyone is going to know now,'
Out loud I say, "Yay."
Jackson, Charlie, and Reed walk into the locker room to start changing and cleaning out their lockers.
Reed comes and stands next to me, leaning against the lockers, "I'm actually kind of sad to leave this place. Its become home in a way."
April nods, "Yeah, but we can make a new home at Seattle Grace, ooh, maybe we will all get along really great!"
I snort, "Doubtful, I'm guessing they are making cuts over there and that means they are going to be mad and hurt about the amount of people they've lost."
"Anyone know who works over there? I wonder who the trauma surgeon is," Charles asks us.
I shrugged and turned back to my locker, hoping they will leave it at that. Of course April wouldn't.
"Let's look them up," she sits on the bench and takes out her phone.
The rest of them gather around her as I try and object, "Or we can just be surprised when we get there. Nothing wrong with a little surprise, right? Guys, let's- oh whatever."
They steadily ignore me and go to the Seattle Grace website, they look at all the heads of each specialty.
As they scroll through, I creep over to the door and slowly open it to try and sneak out when I hear April gasp.
"YOU'RE RELATED TO DEREK SHEPHERD!?!" April shouts.
I run over and clamp my hand over her mouth, "Yes, but you don't need to freak out."
I see Reed pout at me, "Why didn't you tell me?"
"Because I'm the youngest of 6 kids, the last thing I wanted was to be compared to him through my residency. Which is why I took the job in Seattle when he was in New York but of course, OF COURSE, he moved here and then didn't tell me so I had to find out from his ex-wife, and then-" I rant until Jackson cuts me off.
"-So... there's some unresolved family tension there?" He mocks me.
I make a face at him, "Oh shut up."

○○○○○

I sit on the couch in April, Reed, and I'm apartment. I look at Derek's contact, contemplating texting him to warn him.
On one hand, we haven't talked in like four years and I should give him a warning.
On the other, I had to find out from Addison that they got divorced and he remarried.
"Naw, he can figure it out for himself," I say to myself, tossing my phone on the couch next to me.
I hear a knock on the door and get up to investigate. There stands Jackson with a bag full of Chinese food.
He holds it up, "Hungry?"
"Always, did you get-" I let him in.
He sets the food on the coffee table as I sit next to him, "Chow Mein, of course. Its hard to forget after the last time when you didn't stop berating me for a week."
I shrugged, "Well now you don't forget so I win in the end."
"So I had another reason for bringing food over. I think that its fair trade that I tell you a family secret of mine. I am Harper Avery's grandson," he reveals.
I fake a gasp, "Oh my God, I do not believe it."
He shoves me, "You knew?"
"Of course. Its not that hard of a connection. I'm kind of surprised y'all didn't catch on to me being related to Derek. It worked in my favor though," I tease.
He rolls his eyes, "Eat your Chow Mein."

○○○○
Week later

I look up at my new work place. I see Reed and April a couple feet ahead and run to catch up to them. Time to face the music I guess.
Of course I can't catch a break and Derek is standing right by the entrance and of course he sees me.
"Ivy?" He does a double take.

○○○○

AN: so this is my first story and I hope you all like it! I wanted to build the friendship between them before I jumped right into them at SG.

Next chapter will be out either later today or tomorrow