The New Year's Ball

It was New Year's Eve and Hermione, Ginny and I were getting ready for the ball. I wore a tight mid-length red dress. I decided to go all-out with my makeup with brown eyeshadow and red lipstick. I wore my hair half ponytail half down, curled.

Harry had recently broken up with Cho so Ginny was ecstatic that he had asked her. Hermione was also really happy that Fred had asked her.

By the time we were ready, it was nearly time for the ball to start so we went to the ship on the lake where it was happening. As we stood at the top of the steps, we looked around for Ron, Harry and Fred. They were standing at the very bottom of the steps.

Ron was looking in the other direction. Harry spot us at the top and nudged Ron. He turned around and the second he saw me, his mouth opened. I slowly walked down the steps, being careful not to trip. I could feel my face blushing because it felt like everyone was staring at me, even though they weren't.

When I reached the last step, Ron held his hand out and I took it. "Y/n y-you look gorgeous" he gushed, staring at me with his eyes wide open. He was wearing a black suit with a white shirt. "Aw thank you Ron, you look amazing too" I giggled.

We went to sit next to the others at a table. Ron didn't really like to dance so I didn't really expect him to dance with me tonight. After about 10 minutes, "Line Without a Hook by Ricky Montgomery" came on. Everyone rushed onto the dance floor.

I rested my chin on my hand as I watched our friends dance along, wishing Ron would dance with me but just then, he stood in front of me with his hand out. "Would you like to dance with me?" he asked nervously. I beamed up at him and pulled him onto the dance floor.

Neither of us really had much experience in dancing so we stood there for a moment, looking around at everyone else to see what to do. I rested my hands on Ron's shoulders and he slowly put his hands on my waist. I looked down at the floor blushing and he tried to look anywhere but at me.

Eventually we locked eyes and we slowly spun around, swaying to the beat of the music.

It got to the "She's a, she's a lady" part in the song. I quickly looked at Ron again smiling because it was my favorite part and he knew it was too.

He slowly pulled me closer until there was no space between us. I rested my chin on his shoulder and closed my eyes.

When the song was over, he kissed me softly on the lips. When we pulled away, I smiled and said "Thank you for dancing with me" "Anything for you, and it wasn't actually as bad as I thought" he chuckled.

Then, "Mr Brightside by The Killers" started playing which was another one of our favourite songs. We made our way through the crowd to the others and spent hours dancing and having fun with them.

- - -

It was almost midnight so everyone looked up at the giant clock on the wall, waiting for it to hit 12. I was standing next to Ron, clutching his arm in excitement. Everyone started to count down "5,4,3,2,1 HAPPY NEW YEAR'S!!"

Before I could do anything, Ron grabbed me by the waist and kissed me passionately. I grabbed his neck kissing him back, smiling into the kiss.

We pulled away, I had been hoping we would have a midnight kiss. Just as I was smiling at him, I glanced over his shoulder to see Ginny and Harry kissing.

My mouth fell open as Ron gave me a confused face. I quickly looked at him with fear, but just as I tried to stop him, he turned around and saw.

He froze for a couple of seconds as I stood there waiting for a response, not knowing how he would react. He opened his mouth as if to say something but hen closed it again. "Ron are you okay?" I asked concernedly. He paused for a second, still looking at them, and responded "Yeah" sincerely, with a smile on his face.

We gave them some privacy by walking to the other side of the hall. We sat down at a table together. I looked over to the right to see Draco and Pansy sitting together but Draco was busy giving us a dirty look.

I frowned at him and turned back to Ron. He looked a bit dazed after what he had just seen. I held his hand and smiled at him. "You know Harry will treat her amazingly and will never hurt her" I said. "Yeah of course, but it's still just hard to get my head around" he replied. I smiled and stroked his hand.

A little while later, Hermione and Fred joined us. Hermione sighed and sat beside me. "God I'm exhausted" she said wiping her forehead. "Me too" I yawned.

"You wanna head back upstairs?" asked Ron. We agreed and made our way up.

Ron and Fred were a bit ahead as we walked up the stairs. "Did you see Ginny and Harry?" I whispered excitedly. "Yes!! I'm so happy for them!" Hermione squealed.

We entered the common room and decided to go straight to bed. Before going to our dormitories, I gave Ron a kiss and said "Thank you so much for tonight, it was amazing and thank you for actually dancing!" I giggled. "Haha yeah I'm not the best but I tried. Thanks it was great fun" he replied.

I followed Hermione up the stairs into my dormitory. I got into my pajamas and went straight asleep.

A/N: Hello! Just so you guys know, in canon, I do not ship Fremione, I ship Romione of course but for the sake of this fanfic, I obviously couldn't write Hermione with Ron and I also obviously wasn't gonna do Dramione🤮🤣 Thanks!💖