The Astronomy Tower

It was the morning of going back to Hogwarts. We used the fireplace and were there in no time. Classes weren't starting back until after New Year's so we had a break for a few days. I had completely forgotten about the New Year's ball until now but I just kinda presumed I was going with Ron.

That night, Ron and I decided to go up to the Astronomy tower because we were bored.

There were tons of bright stars in the sky, as we looked up, totally mesmerized.

"Oh yeah, uh, y/n I've a question" Ron said nervously.

My heart skipped a beat, not having a clue what he was about to ask.

I turned to him with a questioning look and with a dry throat, I quietly said "Yeah?"

"Will you-eh- will you go to the New Year's ball with me?" he asked. A massive weight was lifted off my chest as I shortly exhaled.

I giggled and said "Ron, of course I'll go to the ball with you!" A look of relief appeared across his face as I stood on my tippy toes to give him a kiss. "Great" he said and we returned to looking up at the stars.

About half an hour had passed and we decided to go back to the common room. We walked down the stairs holding hands but as we turned the corner, we were met with the one and only Draco Malfoy.

Ugh what a way to ruin a great night.

"Ooohhh" mocked Malfoy. "Didn't ever think I'd see the day that Weasley actually managed to get a girlfriend" he sneered. "Go away Draco" I retorted. I tightened my grip on Ron's hand.

"Don't worry, I wouldn't want to be caught talking to you two anyways" he said, rushing off. Ron pulled me in the opposite direction towards the common room.

"Don't mind him Ron. He's only jealous that he doesn't even have a girlfriend" I said reassuringly. "Yeah" he replied but he didn't seem like he meant it.

We got back to the common room and Ron went straight up to bed.

Draco always really gets to him, even with the smallest things. I went to bed too, hoping he was okay.

A/N: Sorry another short one but the next one is exciting!