Thunder and Lightning

It was close to dinner and Hermione, Ginny and I were in our room getting ready for dinner.

I wore a blue jumper and a black skirt with relatively casual makeup because I don't like being too showy.

When Mrs. Weasley called us for dinner, we rushed out of the room and I bumped into Ron.

He froze, speechless, looking at me. "Y/n- y-you look amazing" he stuttered. I could feel my cheeks blushing profusely. "Aw thank you Ron, you look really handsome too" I giggled.

He was wearing a white short-sleeve shirt which fit tightly around his biceps with a pair of blue jeans. He took my hand and we walked down to the kitchen.

The table was full of delicious food with the turkey and ham in the middle. Everyone took a seat around the table and began eating.

"Y/n I can't believe you got Ron tickets to The Chudley Canons! He's wanted to see them since he was four years old!" exclaimed Fred. "Yes that was very thoughtful of you" Mrs. Weasley chimed in. "Oh it's no problem, he deserves it" I said, looking at him beside me and grinning.

When we finished dinner, we pulled the Christmas crackers. I did mine with Ron but I could tell he let me win. I gave him a sly look and rolled my eyes, laughing.

We all settled in front of the fire, chatting and telling stories. The main topic was unfortunately Ron and I because of, well, you know...

My Mum and Mrs. Weasley had fun embarrassing us with stories.

"Aw Molly remember their first sleepover?" my Mum asked. "Aw yes that was so cute" Mrs. Weasley replied.

Ron and I shared a worried look, knowing where this was going.

"It was the summer before their first year at Hogwarts and we were here at the Burrow one day" started my Mum.

"And then we both decided that they were old enough to have a sleepover, but we stayed too of course" my Mum said, gesturing towards my Dad.

*Flashback*

The weather was terrible, it was thundering and lightning. Ron and I were sleeping in his room, with me in a sleeping bag on the floor.

We were both settling down to fall asleep when there was a huge clash of thunder.

I yelped and sat up quickly. I hated thunder. I was always afraid that lightning would hit the house.

"It's okay y/n, it'll be over soon" said Ron from his bed. I nodded and lay back down but all of a sudden there was an even louder bang.

I screamed and sunk my head into my knees. "You know, Ginny gets scared too sometimes and always comes into my room. We always hide under the covers to make her feel better" said Ron. He pushed his covers back and moved over a bit in his double bed.

I nervously stood up and sat on his bed. He threw the covers over our heads. We sat there with a torch, talking about how excited we were to go to Hogwarts for about 20 minutes.

We eventually got tired and lay down on the pillow, coming back out from underneath the covers. I could feel myself starting to shake a little as I started to hear the thunder again. Ron looked at me and slowly reached down and took my hand.

I looked down at our interlocking hands and back up to him, smiling. "Thank you Ron" I whispered. "Any time" he whispered back and we fell asleep.

*End of Flashback*

"The weather was really bad that night, the thunder was really loud so we went to check in the two of them" said Mrs. Weasley.

"And when we walked into the room" said my Mum "And they were both in his bed holding hands!" she squealed.

Ron and I's faces were completely scarlet at this point. Everyone was saying "aww" as I covered my face with my hands.

"So you's were always meant to be" mocked George.

"I was just scared of the thunder so Ron was comforting me!" I shouted, my voice shaky and my eyes watering from embarrassment.

Everyone continued laughing for a few minutes. I could feel Ron's arm tighten around me as we both joined in the laughter.

A while later, Ron whispered to me "Do you want to go for a walk?" so we got up and walked out the back door.