Grawp

A week had passed of relatively boring lessons and having to put up with Umbridge. We've never had a worse teacher. We even prefer Snape, and that's definitely saying something.

The day before, Harry had a go at her, which got him a detention that he was going to later on that day. To be honest, I thought it was pretty funny, but he still probably shouldn't have done it.

Ron and I barely got any time to talk to each other because of all the work that was being piled on us.

We were sitting at a table in the common room when Harry got up and said "Right I better go to Umbridge then" as he walked out of the portrait "Good luck" we called to him.

Later on he came back looking quite paler than usual but we didn't really think anything of it.

- - -

The week after, we decided to take a trip to Hagrid's hut seen as we hadn't gone yet since we returned to school.

"Ah, der yis are. I was beginnin to think yis would never come" he bellowed as he opened the door and let us in.

"Sorry we've been really busy"said Hermione. "Ah not to worry" Hagrid said as he poured us tea.

"Um Hagrid, we're really sorry that we didn't choose to do Care for Magical Creatures as a NEWT subject" I said softly.

"Oh yeah I noticed tha." said Hagrid. "I'll miss no' havin yis at me lessons but it's fine, it's no' importan"

The four of us just nodded our heads and looked around awkwardly. "Anyways, wha do ya think of Umbridge?" Hagrid asked, breaking the silence.

"Ugh she's a foul, evil old gargoyle!" snapped Hermione. "We're not learning how to defend ourselves properly and she's setting up too many stupid rules!" We all looked at her in surprise after her sudden outburst.

"Eh yeah what she said" chuckled Harry.

"Yeah she's also trying to get loads of the professors fired! She's questioning them but hopefully none of them will actually get fired" I said worriedly.

"Eh yeah actually I'm glad yis came because there's summit I need ta show yi" said Hagrid. We all gave him a questioning look. He waved for us to follow him out the door so we got up and followed. We looked at each other in confusion as we headed into the Forbidden Forest.

"Ehh Hagrid where are you taking us?" said Ron worriedly. "Don' worry we'll be there in a few minutes" he called back.

About fifteen minutes went by when we came to a stop. "With Umbridge doin all this questioning, I'll likely be gettin the sack any day now" said Hagrid with a quivery voice. "Wha-" I began but all of a sudden a massive heap rose beside us.

There in front of us stood a giant. "Hagrid what the-" said Hermione. We were at a loss for words as we stared up at it. "He's me half brother. I'm gonna need someone to look after him when I'm gone" said Hagrid.

All of a sudden, the giant bent down and made a grab for me but before he reached me, Ron threw himself in front of me, making us both fall backwards onto the ground.

"Grawpy no!" yelled Hagrid. Ron and I were both trying to catch our breaths. He quickly realized that he was on top of me and jumped up. He reached his hand out for me to grab and pulled me up. "Are you alright?" he asked, with really flushed cheeks. "Ron I- thank you!" I exclaimed, blushing. "If it wasn't for you I literally would have been snatched!" I giggled. "Any time" he smirked.

"Sorry bou' that. He needs te learn some manners apparently" Hagrid said angrily looking up at Grawp. "It's fine" I giggled. Grawp then picked up bike handles from his scrap pile and rang the bell. He then started walking towards me. Ron stood in front of me, blocking me from Grawp. "Ron it's okay, I think he wants to give it to me" I chuckled.

Grawp bent down and handed me the bike handles. I rang the bell. "I think you've got an admirer" laughed Harry. In the corner of my eye, I could see Ron cross his arms and glare up at Grawp.

What's up with him?

- - -

When we got back to the common room later after dinner, we were really tired so we went straight to bed.

The next morning was a Saturday so we got a bit of a lie-in. I got up at 11 and went down to the common room to see Hermione already up studying of course. Harry and Ginny were over on the couch talking.

I went to sit on an armchair and read. A while later when Ron eventually got up, we went down to the Great Hall for breakfast. I sat beside Ron and we began to eat when suddenly Fred and George ran over and sat on either side of us. "Well, well, well if it isn't the knight in shining armour" mocked Fred, wrapping his arm around Ron's kneck.

Ron and I gave them confused looks. "Ah, Ronniekins the little hero" beamed George reaching across me to pinch Ron's cheek.

"What the bloody hell are you two on about" said Ron. "Harry told us what happened yesterday" Fred smirked, looking at me. "Ehh and that is?" I asked.

"He told us how Ron saved his true love from the giant" George said in a mocking tone. Both mine and Ron's eyes widened at that. We were both blushing profusely while Hermione, Harry and the twins were hysterically laughing. "Piss off" Ron scowled.

Fred winked at us and he and George went skipping out of the hall. Hermione and Harry were still trying to contain their laughter while Ron and I just looked down at our food.

Did that seriously just happen? Am I really Ron's "true love?" No way, if I was, he definitely would have done something about it by now.

Ron's POV

Oh my god I'm actually going to murder Fred and George. How could they just say that to her? I told them not to intervene and that I'd tell her when I'm ready. Well, if I ever am ready.

I glanced at y/n who was sitting beside me, red as a tomato and picking at her nails.

Ugh they embarrassed her too. Well of course she's embarrassed, they basically just told her that she was my "true love". Hopefully she just thinks it was a joke.

I leaned in and whispered "Hey, are you alright? I'm really sorry about them they're just stupid gits"

Y/n's POV

I quickly looked up at Ron "Oh um yeah it's fine, you don't have to apologise. They're always joking about this sort of stuff" I looked back down at my plate, wishing with all my heart that it wasn't a joke.