Chapter 66

*second person p.o.v.*

"Until next time...Y/n." You heard Sasuke whisper before he and Madara disapeared. You sighed and ran a hand through your hair. "I'm tired." You said. "You can get rest once we make it back to the village. Maybe." Kakashi replied. You looked over at Naruto whose face was purple. You caught Naruto before he fell. Kakashi and Sakura ran over in worry. "A scratch on his cheek. That must be the cause." Kakashi said. Sakura gave a panicked look. "Then it's...!" She exclaimed recalling when Naruto got the cut on his cheek.

"It's from the poison-dipped kunai knife i used earlier." Sakura said nervously. "Seems so." Kakashi sighed. "You need to administor the antidote right away, Sakura." You said. "Y-yes, right away Y/n!" She stuttered. You, Naruto, Sakura and Kakashi got up on the bridge. Kakashi went to take the girl working with Sasuke. "I still feel sick." Naruto said. "He's gonna throw up." You said to Sakura. Naruto gagged. You pat his back lightly. "S-stop it Y/n. You're making me want to puke even more." Naruto stuttered sickly. "Sorry, sorry." You said taking your hand away.

*timeskip back to the village*

"Sasuke did that?" Shikamaru asked after hearing the news. Currently, who used to be the 'ten rookies' were all conversing about what happened a few hours earlier. Arguing, bickering, and yelling went on between the group of friends. "It's an unbelievable situation." Shino said. "That's why i want you to let me handle Sasuke." Naruto said.

"You'll take Sasuke on your own?! How can you expect us to agree to that?" Tenten yelled. "Tenten is right, Naruto. We can't just give in to your stubborness. The reason is because this is a big problem for the village." Shino agreed. "I'm not being stubborn." Naruto said.

"You said you'd give us the details once we got home, but i never thought this is what you'd say! We've all made up our minds to kill Sasuke!" Kiba said slamming his fist on the wood. "Hey Naruto, don't tell me you're saying you'll get Sasuke by yourself, when you're actually planning to protect him." Shikamaru said suspicious of Naruto. "No, i have no intention of protecting Sasuke." Naruto said.

"After all that fighting at the five kage summit, and fighting Danzo...if Sasuke was weakened at that time, why didn't you take him out right then?" Neji had asked. "Madara was there too! It didn't seem so easy. Besides..." Sakura defended. "That's no reason to let him get away so easily! Hey Naruto...you're strong. You're the hero who took down pain, aren't you?!" Kiba yelled.

"Hero?" Naruto questioned. "Yeah. You could take down Sasuke like you did back then." Kiba said. "That's not true. I wouldn't be able to beat Sasuke with something like that now. That's what i found out." Naruto said. "What is it that you found out?" Choji asked. "In any case, nobody should take on Sasuke as he is now." Naruto said. "What do you mean?" Neji asked Naruto. "I'm the only one who can fight him. That's what i mean." Naruto replied.

"What about Y/n? Can't she take down Sasuke?" Tenten asked. "She probably can, but she loves Sasuke. We shouldn't put the burden of killing her lover on her shoulders." Shikamaru said. "I am right here, y'know." You said lazily. "Yeah, but this doesn't tell us anything!" Tenten exclaimed. "Explain it in detail, what happened?" Neji asked again. "I said i'd tell you when the time comes." Naruto replied. "Hey! There you go again! Giving us the runaround! Dammit." Kiba shouted.

"Shut up! My head hurts because of all your yelling. Keep it down, would ya?" You shouted back. "Well, please leave it to me." Naruto said walking away. "Hey! Naruto!" Kiba shouted again. "Naruto..." Shino called out. "Hey, Naruto!" Neji also shouted. "I said shut up, damn it!" You shouted back loudly. "Sorry." Neji apologized.

"You all just don't shut up. Now i have a headache because if you guys." You mumbled. Shikamaru patted your head soothingly. "I'm not a pet." You said annoyed. "Jeez, i do something nice and this is what i get?" Shikamaru rolled his eyes. "All right, i'm tired so i'm going to go get some rest." You eyed the others, then turned to Shikamaru. "Shikamaru, i trust you keep everything in check, yeah?" You said.

"Yeah, yeah. Now go, get some sleep. You look dead." Shikamaru rubbed the back of his neck. "Thanks. Bye everyone." You stood up from your sitting position and gently patted Shikamaru's shoulder before waving lazily at the others. "Bye, Y/n." Sakura waved. Everyone else also bid their bye's, waving and all.

You teleported to your house and walked in. You took off your shoes and sighed heavily. You had eye bags and your eyes were as dull as ever. You looked dead -like Shikamaru pointed out earlier. You went to your bedroom and flopped down onto your bed and exhaled happily after you got changed into something else. You pulled the blankets up and fell asleep soon after.

An hour later, "Y/n! Open up! I know you're in there!" Sakura shouted from outside your door. You opened your eyes and slowly got up, grabbing a cup of water and sipping on it along your way to your door. You walked to the front door and looked down at Sakura, rubbing your head tiredly (The pic above this chapter). Yes. You were taller than Sakura, just an inch shorter than Naruto, though. "What is it? Is it something important?" You grumbled.

"Of course it's important! You won't believe it! Lady Tsunade is awake! She's alive and healthy!" Sakura replied happily. Your eyes widened. "Oh. I'm glad to hear that she's fine." You replied. That's when Sakura noticed what you were wearing. You were wearing an oversized button down white blouse that was unbuttoned, and only a bra and short shorts.

Your chest was slightly exposed and your stomach was on full display. Sasuke sure was one lucky man. "Y-yep! N-now i gotta go! I need to tell everyone the n-news!" She stammered, running away with a blush. You nodded and shut your door. "Time to go back to bed." You muttered walking to your room.

*timeskip*

You stood in lady Tsunade's new office with Sakura, Kakashi, Shikamaru and Yamato. "Shortly, i will make an announcement to everyone in the village about the impending fourth freat ninja war." Lady Tsunade said. "Fourth great ninja war..." Sakura said shocked. "You didn't know this yet, Sakura. But Madara Uchiha has declared war. It's not a war between nations this time. The five great nations have joined forces for a war, the likes of which have never been seen." Lady Tsunade explained.

"The enemy is..." sakura trailed off. "None other than the Akatsuki. When the fighting breaks out, many will be striken with anxiety. It will be your job to monitor their mental state. Circulate among each team and report anything that you deem necessary. Do not hide anything." Lady Tsunade ordered.

"I understand." Kakashi said. "Also, make sure you keep an eye on Naruto. I cannot have him acting recklessly. In this war, the Akatsuki's goal is Naruto." Lady Tsunade said. The door opened to reveal Shizune. "What's going on, Shizune?" Lady Tsunade asked.

"Well, just now...Naruto suddenly disappeard from ichiraku." Shizune explained. "You don't think the enemy took Naruto, do you?" Shikamaru asked. "It's impossible for Naruto to be kidnapped from this village! Find Naruto immediately!" Lady Tsunade shouted. You all nodded and left to go find Naruto.

After finding Naruto, it seemed Naruto was reversed summoned to mt. Myoboku, so it was nothing to worry about. Naruto explained that there was a prochecy about him meeting an octopus and cooperating with it. He also mentioned that he was going to end up fighting Sasuke.

____________________________________________________________

(1329 words)