"Nebraska. This guy," Dave said. Before he could do anything else, a bullet entered his throat. Dad pushed me behind him while Rick turned to shoot Tony. Tony's body fell to the floor after a bullet entered his shoulder, then his chest, then finally, his head. I was speechless, shocked. What the hell just happened?

---------

I hadn't even realized the sun had set. That is was now dark. I was so caught up in the guys to notice.

"Holy shit," dad mumbled standing over Tony's dead body.

"You all right?" Rick asked looking at dad and me. 

"I-I-I'm fine," I said. I bet my eyes were as wide a saucers.

"Yeah," dad nodded.

"Hershel?" Rick asked looking at grandpa. It took grandpa a minute, but he eventually nodded.

"Let's head back. Maggie's probably panicking," grandpa said. I walked with dad towards the front door while Rick took some stuff from Tony's body. 

"Car. Car. Get down" Rick whispered. I could hear the light rumble of a car outside. Rick pulled me down to the floor on the opposite side of the door from dad and grandpa. Light flooded the old bar and the car drove by. however, it stopped outside. Two car doors slammed shut, signaling somebody had just gotten out of the car.

"Dave? Tony? They said over here?" I heard a man ask somebody.

"Yeah," another man said.

"I'm telling you, man, I heard shot," a third man said. Great. There were three of us and four of them but I couldn't fight. I guess if I really needed to I could.

"I saw roamers two streets over. Might be more around here," man two said. Roamers? Did he mean walkers? Tony and Dave called the walkers roamers too.

"It's hot. We gotta get out of here," the first man said.

"Dave! Tony!" The third man yelled.

"Shut up, you idiot! You wanna attract 'em? Just stick close. We're gonna find 'em," the first man, I think, said. I looked up at the door to see a figure standing right outside it.

"Due, he said to stay close," man two said. Please don't come in. Please don't come in. "Tony?" I let out a small sigh of relief when they walked away from the door and began trying to look into the windows. Thankfully, there were curtains blocking their view. Rick signaled for me to stand up with him. I did and he peeked out the window. Once it was safe enough, I guess, he gently put his hand on my lower back and pushed me towards the other half of our group.

"Why won't they leave?" dad whisper asked.

"Would you?" Grandpa whispered back.

"We can't sit here any longer," dad said.

"So what do we do?" I asked.

"Let's head out the back and make a run to the car," Rick said. Everybody nodded and went to stand up. 

"Clack, Bang!" 

Rick pulled me back to the other side of the wall as gunshots fired. I quickly pulled my gun out and held it against my chest. The safety was on but I was ready to flick it off if needed. Not that I wanted to.

"What happened?" I heard guys two ask. I couldn't see but Rick was looking out the window.

"Roamers, I nailed 'em," guy three said.

"They disappeared but their car's still there," guy one chimed in. Well shit.

"I cleared those buildings. You guys get this one?" Uh oh. Was he talking about the bar we were in?

"No," guy two said.

"Me neither," guy one agreed.

"We're looking for Dave and zTony and ono one check the damn bar?" Guy two asked harshly. I saw their shadows appear as they walked past the window and towards the front door. Rick lowered his body down next to mine on the floor. He flicked the safety off and pointed it towards dad and grandpa, ready to shoot anybody who came through.

Just as the door started to open, dad jumped up and slammed his back against the door successfully stopping anybody from coming through.

===========================♛===========================