Chapter 160: Back To That Key Moment ③

Start from the beginning

When Rhine placed down his tableware, Shang Ke handed him a warm drink.

When Rhine picked up his napkin, Shang Ke ordered the attendant to clear the table.

The two acted as if they had lived together for a long time.

Rhine also noticed his familiarity, intimacy and trust with Shang Ke... it all pointed to one thing, their relationship before was unusual.

"Let's go."

The two left the residence and rode to the center where the mecha competition was held.

Shang Ke felt that Rhine's attitude toward life was somewhat gloomy and negative. He lacked the passion toward life from before, as if nothing in this world could arouse his interest.

As such, Shang Ke planned to take advantage of his vacation to let him experience the passion of youth.

The arena was rowdy with thousands of alphas and betas, and their pheromones were everywhere. In this kind of situation, omegas would very rarely attend unless they used suppressants and stayed in a VIP room. Otherwise, the intense pheromones would be enough to drive them crazy.

Shang Ke booked a VIP room using his identity as an officer. There were more than a dozen matches at this competition. At minimum, it would take five to six hours. At noon, they could just order and eat right in the room.

At the beginning of the competition, two mechas flew out of the tunnel one after the other. They showcased their magnificent operation and fighting skills.

Rhine watched the flickering lights and shadows on the screen, and a blurry memory flashed by his mind... The swarming insects, a tall and strong silhouette, and injuries that covered everything...

"Fil" Rhine suddenly cried out.

"What?" Shang Ke confusedly turned to him.

Rhine kept a close eye on him. The sudden madness in his eyes gradually disappeared and he went back to being calm.

"Let's go back." Rhine got up and walked out.

"You're not watching anymore?" Shang Ke quickly followed.

Rhine paused midstep, then wrapped his arms around Shang Ke's waist before he could knock into him.

"Let's go to the training room and fight a round." His suppressed emotions could be faintly made out within his voice.

When they walked out of the VIP room, they also ran into the two people from next door. Shang Ke stared at them. It was actually an acquaintance.

"Huh? Major General Lancelot." Zeke gave a military salute with a look of surprise on his face.