Chapter 115: Back To That Key Moment ①

Shang Ke opened his eyes with great effort. The light coming from above his head flickered intermittently as a shadow flitted about close by. He could hear a slightly trembling voice, but it was very faint and difficult to decipher, like it came from a distance.

Within his fuzzy mind, Shang Ke's consciousness submerged into the darkness once more...

"The operation was very successful, please do not worry Mr. Jiang."

"Don't worry? It's been a month already, how could I not worry?"

"Young Master Jiang has gone through two surgeries in a row. Inevitably, his body will be weak and show some signs of rejection. So, please don't worry too much, Mr. Jiang. Young Master Jiang will get better."

"Unn..."

Just then, Shang Ke let out a low groan and slowly opened his eyes, the brightness of the light causing him to squint.

"Yumo!" Jiang Song rushed to the bed, pleasant surprise flooding his features. "You're awake!"

After adapting to the light, Shang Ke could finally see the world. He was in a patient ward and Jiang Song, Jiang Yumo's father, was by his bedside.

Shang Ke could not determine what timeframe he had returned to. The only certainty he had was that he was alive again, back in the world where Jian Chenfeng lived.

A few days later, Shang Ke had more or less deciphered his current situation. He had gone back to the time when Jian Xin had chased after Jiang Donglin while he had run out in pursuit. Later, he was seriously injured from saving Jian Xin and was sent to the operating room for emergency treatment. However, the events this time around were a little different. He had gone after Jian Xin like before, but Jian Chenfeng made it just in time to save them. He'd arrived just before they rushed into the middle of the road and prevented the tragedy from happening.

Afterwards, they rushed him into the operating room because his condition had worsened since his head collision. After two surgeries, they successfully removed his brain tumor.

In other words, not only did Shang Ke not give his own heart to Jian Xin, but every risk regarding his brain tumor was eliminated.

All these changes happened because of Jian Chenfeng. Why was he there at that time and place? He couldn't have gone back in time as well, right? Ha, ha... well, who knows...

Knock. Knock. The door to his room gently opened and a familiar figure came into view.

"Yumo." Jian Chenfeng, with a bouquet of roses in hand, strolled over to Shang Ke's side. His eyes filled with such barely repressed emotions that he didn't even register the pain coming from his pricked fingers.

Shang Ke's smile was as bright as the sun, and it instantly warmed Jian Chenfeng's frozen heart. The once incomplete world was finally whole and beautiful again.

He placed the bouquet down and embraced Shang Ke in his arms, his grip firm but gentle.

He's alive. He's still alive!

Jian Chenfeng still couldn't believe that he had a chance to see him alive again. When he found that he had gone back to the day of Yumo's death, he had no time to think. He drove straight to the hospital and saved Yumo and Jian Xin from danger.

To prevent Yumo from giving up his life under the excuse of his brain tumor, Jian Chenfeng invited an expert neurologist to perform an operation on Yumo before he woke up.

Of course, the Jiang family consented to this decision.

The operation was successful, but he needed to wait for Yumo to wake up. Every day that passed felt like a year to him, and he feared that he would one day wake up to bad news.