Chapter 137: Spring Comes Upon A Withered Tree (IV)

The War Camp was located in the southwest of Waiser Forest. Apart from the locals, most of the people who came and went were professionals from all over the world. The streets were bustling, and the sound of vendors marketing their wares was everywhere.

Shang Ke wore a gray cloak and walked slowly into town with a basket of fruit on his back. After a short stroll, he found an open space near a pub and placed the basket down. It was better to gather news at a crowded place. Unfortunately, Shang Ke had no money on him, so he could only squat and wait on the streets, getting familiar with the environment, and earning some tips at the same time.

Just now, he went around a bit to get an idea of the prices here. The fruit in his basket could earn about ten silver coins. Of course, it didn't matter if they couldn't be sold. Shang Ke's main purpose today was to come out and see the world.

Shang Ke's fruits were very common in appearance. One could only detect its special features by tasting them. After an hour's watch, Shang Ke only made a single sale of rose apples.

Just as Shang Ke was wondering if he should change locations, a tall figure appeared in front of his stall.

Shang Ke looked up. The man was nearly two meters tall with short maroon hair. Most of his face was covered with bandages, revealing only a pair of golden eyes. Although his appearance was very different from before, Shang Ke recognized his identity at a glance.

Before Shang Ke could say anything, he shoved a question at him. "Why are you here?"

It wasn't surprising that Shang Ke recognized him, but how did Ivan know it was him even while wrapped in a cloak in this crowd?

"Follow me." Ivan lifted the fruit basket and motioned Shang Ke to follow him.

Shortly after Shang Ke left, the man who bought five fragrant fruits ran back and saw the empty stall. He couldn't help but stomp his foot and lament, "Motherfucker, I came too late. He sold me spirit fruits as ordinary goods; he should have said something! He must have done it on purpose. How irritating!"

Shang Ke followed Ivan through an alley and into a small inn. Many mercenaries were sitting inside in pairs and trios, clinking cups and sharing dishes. The voices were loud and noisy.

Several half-elves were drinking with their companions. Suddenly, they seemed to feel something. Qiqi looked at the door, and her gaze latched onto the cloaked man who had just stepped in, tracking him until he disappeared behind the second floor's entrance.

"What's the matter?" asked the half-elf's companion.

"Nothing." The unusual feeling suddenly disappeared. The half-elves thought about it a beat more, then ignored it and continued drinking with their companions. In any case, they never would have imagined that the person who just passed by was the embodiment of Teldrassil.

Ivan brought Shang Ke into a guest room where four people were sitting inside. They had been discussing something until they came in.

"Ivan, who is he?" Alvin looked warily at Shang Ke behind Ivan.

"My friend, Shang Ke. An elf." Ivan placed the basket down and introduced the others blandly. "Alvin, Sandy, Morris, and Cassia."

"Elf?" The four turned to Shang Ke at the same time.

Shang Ke removed his hood, astounding them with his beauty. Although mixed-blood elves were not rare, they were small in number and had excellent magical talents. They were also very popular in mercenary circles. Besides that, all their physical aspects were similar to the average human being's. It was rare to find someone with such an outstanding appearance.