It hurt that he could never go back.

Ashton was about to comment on Michael's silence, but Calum started speaking before he could.

"This is it."

The monster stopped, looking towards the other three expectantly. They stood there with confusion written over their faces when all they saw was a large rock wall.

"You live...next to a rock?" Luke asked with narrowed eyes.

Calum rolled his eyes, raising his right hand up quickly before a sudden entrance appeared in the rock, "Follow me."

They did as they were told, entering the cave and following Calum in. They didn't miss how the monster instantly closed the entrance behind them, commenting about something on privacy.

The demon was the first one to walk into the large space after Calum, being amazed at how much was inside of the cave.

Calum obviously had the power to make something extravagant as this, so of course he did over the years.

The cave was full of furniture, being lit up by a fireplace bright enough to not make the cave be too dark. A few paintings of gruesome scenes were draped over the walls. Knives were set around like flowers should be, giving him a dangerous decoration pattern.

"I've never seen anything like this before here." Luke said in awe, walking throughout the spacious room to analyze everything Calum had added for his entertainment.

"You do know who I am, correct?"

"What do you mean?" Luke asked confused once Calum asked his own question.

Ashton and Michael also awaited for an answer from the monster, not understanding where he was coming from with this.

"I was a part of the battle of the new worlds. Me and one other were the ones who entered the Purgatory gates first."

"You were the first monster?" Luke asked in disbelief, earning a silent nod from Calum, "But that means you're as powerful as monsters come."

"Monsters fear me for a reason, Luke. Not just because I drown humans in my Earth lake."

"Respect." Luke nodded before turning around and continuing to look around.

Michael stood next to Luke while they both kept looking around. Instead Ashton looked at Calum expectantly.

"Who was the other first monster?"

"That would be my sister."

"A sister, huh?" Ashton hummed, "Where is she now?"

"She's wherever I'm not."

"You two fell out?"

"She challenged me for my power. Instead of killing her like she deserved I let her go."

"You showed mercy?"

"Oh no. You have it wrong, Ashton." Calum smirked darkly at the demon, earning an intrigued look from Ashton, "I let her live knowing that she lost as a worse punishment."

"I love how you go about things like that. You show no mercy and no fairness. Only darkness."

"Stick by my side, darling, and you'll see how far my darkness can reach."

"I might." Ashton smirked at the monster, motioning for him to come closer to him. The monster obeyed the finger motion, stopping when he was in front of the smirking demon.

"It seems to be a common theme around here for people wanting to kiss me." Calum noted with cockiness swarming his chest when he saw the want in Ashton's eyes.

"You're powerful and strong. But so am I."

"Is that a challenge?"

"Yes." Ashton answered honestly, "Michael is too weak and Luke is too chaotic. But you and I know how to run things and how to take control. I'm in control here the most, Calum."

"I wouldn't say that you are considering the fact that we're in my home, I'm the most powerful, and that I can easily turn you into a whining mess."

"What?" Ashton asked with widened eyes, feeling the monster slyly grab onto his hips and pull him closer.

"You heard me. Just with one kiss I made Luke whine and agree to come with us. With one kiss I can make you obey me as well."

"I won't believe it until I see it." It was an obvious invitation, so Calum took it by connecting his lips to Ashton's.

"When we were at the lake you said that most people here in Purgatory know you." Michael said to Luke while Luke was fondling a large knife of Calum's in his hands, "What did you mean by that?"

Luke didn't move his eyes from the knife when he answered, "I've tortured most souls here. I get bored easily and that results to violence."

"Are you bored right now?" Michael asked with a hitch to his breathe when he saw how comfortable Luke was holding the knife.

Luke chuckled darkly from what he heard, looking sideways to indeed see the angel afraid of his violence. It was an entertaining look to see on Michael's face because even the angel deep down knew that Luke wouldn't hurt him.

"Not quite. But I might be soon." Luke's smirk grew when he saw Michael's eyes flickering from the knife to his face, "What would you do to keep me entertained?"

"Um I don't know...Maybe give you cuddles."

Luke smiled from such an innocent answer, looking over at the other two to comment about the precious angel to the monster and demon.

But his eyes widened when he saw the demon desperately holding onto the monster who was obviously leading the kiss like Luke had just experienced at the lake.

Michael followed the look, blushing when he saw the others kissing quickly.

"Calum is a nice kisser..."

"That he is." Luke agreed, looking down at the angel when he slowly brought the knife up to lay against Michael's neck.

He pushed the blade gently to the angel's neck, making Michael step back until his back was against the wall.

"Luke." Michael said worriedly when the monster towered over him with the knife still held against his breakable neck.

"Shh, baby. You know I'd never hurt you, even with how much I wish I could."

"What are you doing?" The worried angel asked, feeling the coldness of the blade against his skin very clearly.

"Enjoying how breakable you are. It makes me want to protect you even more."

From this said, Luke put the knife back down. But he stayed towering over the angel.

"You know that I'd never hurt you. Right?" Luke asked gently, earning a small nod from Michael.

"Of course."

"So you trust me to do this?"

"To do what?"

Luke leaned down, pressing his lips against the angel's. Michael moaned out from the unexpected kiss, enjoying the touch from Luke.

He reached up to hold onto Luke's arms, feeling all the worry and care coming from the monster. Luke didn't know how to accept all of this; he could only do what felt right in the moment.

Michael knew that Luke was confused, but also that he liked him and his touch enough to kiss him.

"You are the definition of perfection." Luke let out a sigh when he pulled away from the soft kiss, seeing the angel blush, "My precious, pure angel."

—•••—

I'm trying to finish this book by the end of the month, so chapters will hopefully be more frequent!

—☆⁎⁺˳✧༚