C12

The jet lag didn't help at all. He felt like death warmed up, having been released from the hospital in Brussels, put on a plane for 23 hours and then knowing he was only going home to be put back in that clinic for ill shifters. Anxiety clawed at him under his skin, he really didn't want to go back there. It held terrible memories of his crazed disconnected time when he was under the full influence of a deranged Panthera trying to get out. Trying to make all the pain and anguish stop by tearing his body into shreds.

Chase knew it was the best shifter clinic on the planet and the staff were amazing at their job. He just really hated the idea of going back. But something was wrong with him, something was terribly wrong.

He sat deep into his airline seat and if he wasn't sleeping he was thinking about the fall. God, how bloody embarrassing. It'll be on the news and social media for the whole world to see, let alone the tens of thousand of fans witnessing his spack attack. The biggest concern of course was his health, he was seriously worried he was in mortal danger. Still now, his heart was out of rhythm, running at an extreme and uneven pace despite the factor that the shifter doctor in the hossie gave him medication that's meant to make your internals languid and calm.

Chase's stomach was empty, he hadn't been able to eat a thing due to his fears of throwing up on the plane but his bile was threatening to make a show none the less. Every ten minutes or so, Kane asked if he was alright and it was getting on his nerves. And que the question in five, four, three, two...
"How you doin' over there Chase?"

Stark Umbra's drummer, Kane the big bear shifter, had a severe twitch in his legs and he couldn't sit still for the life of him. Chase guessed he should be more grateful for his concern but he just didn't have the energy.
He ran a hand over his face, his prickly unshaven face was clammy and hot.
"Will you stop friggen asking me. You're driving me crazy already. Just lay the hell back and go to sleep," his eyes traveled around at Dec and Rhys "All of you, you've had even less sleep than me".
"True that, you fell asleep with the twitches on stage, my man" Dec teased half heartily trying to mask his concern.
Chase's still had the energy to flip the smart ass the bird. He closed his eyes and pretended to sleep.

It took for freaken ever but finally the band members were walking through Melbourne Airport. And what do you know, a group of reporters were chasing them down yelling out and getting in his way. Kane grabbed the back of his jacket and dragged him through the small crowd with Rhys tight behind him. Declan, the attention loving scamp, gave a quick rehearsed briefing about Chase's -quotation fingers-, blood pressure incident and told them they would be back on the road soon.

Outside, it was the typical Melbourney kind of afternoon, grey clouds layered the sky threatening to douse the city in rain. Kane ushered him and his jacket to the completely blackened range rover and piled him in the back seat. His bear shifter friend squeezing his mass into the left side of him and Rhys taking up the right. Casey's head swung around to Chase from in the drivers seat as Declan jumped in the front with him.

"You look like crap, brother" Casey told him.
"Yeah, it's good to see you too," Chase slumped down into the middle seat and shoved his sunglasses on. Casey huffed and began to drive. Chase just wanted to go home, that's all he wanted to do. He just wanted to sleep in his own bed and deal with this later.

" I'm just gonna go home Case. I can feel the pull of my coffee machine and my pillow. We can go see the doc after I've recouped for a day or two," He didn't like his chances but he had to put it out there.
Casey flinched ever so slightly, which was weird, but he went on to say, "You can all stay at my place, besides it's not as far to travel from Geelong to the clinic."

Damn it.
Chase wished he had the strength to argue with his brother but he didn't and if Case really wanted to, all he'd have to do was push his alphatude upon him and he'd be totally lucked out.