"Did you have any sentimental items?" I shake my head against his chest.

I didn't have much, but calling this place my home was more than enough.

"Thank you for checking to see if anyone is in there. You should probably get home now." I sniffle, pulling away from his arms.

Enzo scoffs. "You think I'm leaving you here, don't be silly. Grab everything you need, you'll be staying with Killian and I." He grabs my hand and walks me into my room, my eyes widen as I see the state of the place.

Everything has been flipped over and smashed. Draws are open as if someone was rummaging through there for money or valuables.

"It's okay." I jump as Enzo leans down to whisper in my ear. "You'll be okay."

I slowly nod my head and begin to pack the little clothes I have in a duffel bag. I don't have any pictures or nice jewellery to take so it doesn't take long before I'm back in the car with Enzo and driving to where he lives.

"I'll be out of your hair tomorrow, I don't want to intrude on yours and Killian's home a-and I'll pay you." I begin to ramble.

"You will do no such thing. You can stay for as long as you need, we'd feel much better with you living somewhere safe and secure." He reaches over and places his hand on my thigh.

Oh Jesus.

•••

"Where is Killian?" I question Enzo as we enter his massive mansion.

Why am I not surprised that he lives in a place like this? I mean he owns a bloody nightclub, of course he would live in a place like this.

Black and white interior is everywhere, massive chandeliers hang from the ceiling and expensive looking rugs lay across the floor, I'm almost too scared to walk across them.

I quickly take my shoes off and place them by the door. When I look back up at Enzo he's already smiling down at me.

"Cute." He says and my face heats. "Killian isn't home yet but I'm sure he'll be delighted to see you when he does get back."

Enzo leads me up the spiral staircase until we are walking down a long hallway that if full of doors on each side but one door sticks out like a sore thumb.

It's a set of black double doors with gold door handles. I didn't realise I had stopped in front of it until I hear Enzo chuckle beside me.

"I don't think you would be ready to see what's in that room, darling. Now your room is just over here." He grabs my hand and leads me to another door.

He opens it and my eyes widen at the size of it. It's literally the same size as my whole flat.

There's a huge canopy bed with white netting draped around it. There are even cute fairy lights scattered around the room.

"It's so pretty in here." I whisper in amazement, staring around with wide eyes and an open mouth.

"It's all yours if you'd like. You don't have to go back to that horrible flat again, no offence but it is no place for a woman like yourself to be living." He offers.

"That would be too much of you, Enzo. I wouldn't be able to repay you for all of this." I sadly admit, taking a seat on the soft mattress. Enzo takes a seat next to me.

"I'm not expecting you to repay me, darling. It would fill me with much relief if I knew you were safe and you are here." He says and my eyes water.

"Thank you so much!" I pull him into a a hug again and he actually hugs me back and for once I feel like someone thinks I matter.

Even if it's only for a little while.

•••

"I've finished, Enzo. That was really delicious." I beam, handing him my empty plate and watch as he makes his way over to the dishwasher.

"I'm glad you enjoyed your dinner, darling." He smiles.

He has ditched the suit and is now clad in grey joggers and a white t-shirt. I can see a snake tattoo on his arm and I stare at it in curiosity.

The snake curves around his whole bicep!

I jump at the sound of the front door slamming shut and look at Enzo with scared eyes. I make my way over to him and go to hide behind his back. Enzo begins to laugh and I scowl.

"You have an intruder, Enzo. What is so funny about this?!"

"Because darling, that intruder is Killian." He turns me to the entrance of the kitchen and I make eye contact with Killian who looks at us with furrowed eyebrows.

"Hello, Killian!" I wave but he doesn't reply and continues to look at me with a blank face.

Now I begin to feel like an intruder and I feel even worse when he slowly closes his eyes, releasing a deep breath before walking away.

Enzo said he would be delighted to see me.

"I'm sorry about him, Elodie. He is always grumpy, give him an hour and he'll be fine." Enzo gives me a small smile and I try to return the gesture.

It's clear Killian does not want me in his home, so I will probably leave tomorrow.

A/N
🧡