"Just turned thirty."

               "And you've been a surrogate before?" I ask.

               "Yes for two families; six and three years ago." Tonya answered.

               "With us being a couple in the spotlight, one of our requirements is that you sign a non-disclosure agreement. Would that be a problem?"

               Tonya shook her head at Cairo's question. "No, not at all. The last family I done it for were very wealthy and I had to do the same. I'm fully okay with it."

               "That's perfect. I love the way this is going already, but we have a whole list of questions to go over."

               "Sorry, my wife is very thorough." Cairo said.

               Tonya chuckled. "It's no problem."

               I eyed her left hand and didn't see a ring. "Are you single? I'd like to know how your boyfriend feels about you doing this."

               "Oh, I'm single, so there's nothing to worry about there."

               "But you do have support, though, right? Friends, family?"

               "Yes, everyone around me are very supportive."

               "And how do you feel bout carrying multiples?" Cairo's question threw me off.

               Multiples?

               "I'm fine with twins."

               Unexpectedly, I coughed, choking on nothing, but the mention of two babies being the same age at one time didn't sit well with me.

               Cairo patted my back for a moment. "You aight baby?"

               "Yeah," I cleared my throat. "Let's, um, just worry about one baby right now."

               Tonya found what I said amusing. I even chuckled myself, but when I looked at Cairo, his expression deadpanned. I stopped instantly as Tonya said, "You're not the first with that reaction. I'm fine with whatever it is that you both want to do."

               Cairo spread a faint smile on his lips and rubbed the back of my neck. "That's my wife for you. Her and her reactions."

               Gulping hard and suddenly fearing how he would react when we're in this office alone, I continued to ask the list of questions that Tonya answered truthfully. I've watched so many Lifetime movies of surrogates turning crazy or trying to keep the baby for themselves, I had to make sure Tonya was in the right headspace and it was all the contract.

               "Contract ready to sign." I placed the paperwork in front of her, "But before you actually do that, I would like to know how involved you want us to be?"