Chapter 152: I Am An Evil Pen (IX)

Start from the beginning

也就是说,他这段时间一直是在和一支笔谈恋爱,和一支笔滚床单,吃一支笔做的饭,陪一支笔畅想未来?

Which means that during this period of time, he has been dating a pen, having sex with a pen, eating food made by a pen and thinking about the future with a pen?

难怪他查不到可可的背景,原来他根本不是人类!

No wonder he couldn't find anything about Keke. It turns out he wasn't a human!

【他是你的东西,不会丢下你跑掉的。】

【He is your thing, he won't abandon you and run away.】

脑中突然浮现尚可不久前说过的话,那时还不明白,如今才知道其中的真意。

The words that Shang Ke had said not long ago suddenly came to his mind. He didn't understand it then and only knew the true meaning of those words now.

闻景戎轻轻摩挲着已经失去光泽的笔身,心里很清楚,比起发现尚可是笔妖的震撼,他更害怕失去他。

Wen Jingrong gently stroked the pen that had already lost its lustre. He was very clear in his mind. Compared to the shock of realising that Shang Ke was a demonic pen, he was more afraid of losing Shang Ke.

从那场大火中逃出来,他身上仅仅受了一点轻伤,连消防都感到不可思议。那时他才意识到,尚可用自己的力量保护了他,而他却因为力量耗损而消失了。若非迫不得已,他又怎么会在他眼前现出原形?

He only had slight injuries when he escaped from that huge fire. Even the firefighters found it unconceivable. It was only then he came to an awareness. Shang Ke had used his powers to protect him, and disappeared because he used too much power. Shang Ke had revealed his true form before him because he had no choice.

或许他不该冲进去,正因为他的出现,尚可才不得不为了保护他而过度使用力量。

Maybe he shouldn't have rushed in. Shang Ke had to overuse his powers to protect him because of his appearance.

即使他对笔妖这种生物一无所知,但看到他失去光泽的样子,也大概能猜到他的情况不妙。

Although he had no knowledge about a being such as a demonic pen, he can guess that Shang Ke's circumstance isn't good judging by how much lustre he lost.

"可可,我应该为你做些什么?"闻景戎黯然低语。

"Keke, what should I do to help you?" Wen Jingrong murmured.

正在这时,身边的手机响起,闻景戎随手点开,里面传来秘书的声音:"闻总,新闻媒体那边,属下已经交给公关处理妥当,剩下的就是等警方的调查结果。"

At this moment, his phone at the side sounded. Wen Jingrong tapped on his phone and heard his secretary's voice message, "President Wen, the news media side has been settled by the public relations department. All that's left is to wait for the investigation result from the police."

闻景戎闻言,眼中闪过一抹寒光。此次事件明显是有人蓄意为之,但奇怪的是,对方为什么要费尽心思烧毁一座还没有正式启用的作坊?甚至使用了国家明令禁止的黑燃液。损失一座厂房,对闻景戎而言根本无关痛痒,既不能让他损失多少利益,又无法毁坏他的声誉。相反,他冲进火场救人的行为,还大大提升他的公众形象。

A cold glint flashed past Wen Jingrong eyes when he heard that. The incident this time is obviously set up by someone. However, it was strange. Why did the person spend so much effort to burn a workshop that has yet to officially open? They even use the black liquid that is prohibited by the country. Losing a dormitory building doesn't affect Wen Jingrong in any way. It could neither cause much profit loss nor was it able to tarnish his reputation. On the contrary, his action of rushing into the fire to save someone has greatly improved his public image.