Take 24

RINGO's P.O.V.

"I'm back in the U.S.S.R!

You don't know how lucky you are, boy,

Back in the U.S.S.R!"

The three men at front looked back to me as they noticed that I stopped drumming in the middle of the song.

George pressed the phone to stop recording. "Why did you stop, Ringo? We were almost done." He says.

Climbing down from the drum riser, I sighed heavily. "Are we really not going to play my song?" I asked like a child who's pleading his parents to give him chocolates after being grounded.

Paul takes off his bass as he asked, "Which one? The octopus garden rubbish?" John also remarked saying, "Who writes a song about a sea creature?"

"I do." I pouted, "Can't you consider it? You guys accepted George's Taxman song. Why not also record mine?"

John smirks as he wrapped an arm around my shoulder, "Look, son, we have a criteria when it comes to taking songs in. First, a sensible story."

Shooting him a glare, Paul also wrapped an arm around me and supports, "Don't be so down, mate. We'll let you sing this next song, it's called Yellow Submarine. But we'll sing the chorus together, 'lright?"

I looked at them in disbelief while George was munching on a sandwich in the corner. I removed both of their arms to free myself then started to climb up from the attic.

"I'll just go fetch Jude. You guys go record without me." I said without facing back to them.

"Don't even think about writing a somg about a squid's garden!" John teased which made the three men engage into fits of laughter.

As I grabbed a coat and fake mustache, I stepped outside the residence and kicked the first thing I saw which was a trash bin.

"Rubbish song about a sea creature." I muttered and kicked the trash bin once again which made Martha the cat fall from it.

"Look, son, we have a criteria. A sensible story. Psh! As if his walrus song makes sense." I said, imitating John's voice.

This is crazy! Why am I being like this? I used to have a lot of patience for those three, especially John and Paul, but now I can't seem to stand them. While I feel so... so...

Laconic. Yeah, I must be so out of words that I can't write a song that will pass their standards.

Actually, they never wanted me to sing. Not even a backing vocal. What's a member in the band with no contributions? What am I doing there? Drumming? They can just bang those sticks without my help.

As I entered the police station, the police officer sighed as he saw me. He automatically calls on the telephone without waiting for me to say a word. "Bring out Jason Castillo, please. Big-nose is here again."

When he stood up, I followed him like the usual. I guess everyone here in the police station are already used to seeing me and my only purpose which was visiting T'Challa.

"Hi, little Ringo. Thanks for visiting me here. How ya doin'?"

I know I told the boys that I'll be fetching Jude but I guess none of them noticed that it's too early to do that and I just had to walk out of that so called studio.

"Don't worry about me. How are you?" I chose to ignore his question which made him smirk. "I know that stubborn mood. Something's bothering you, isn't it?"