Take 38

Uhm, we're getting close to the ending... y'know.

JUDE's P.O.V.

It's almost midnight. After a whole day spent in Liverpool, we were extremely exhausted.

I still have to go to university tomorrow but I didn't care an inch. I don't even know if there's a university still standing out there. Considering that a lot has changed.

The Beatles are gone.

A lot of bands and artists didn't exist anymore.

Some things may sound good, but we all knew none of this was not to be. Even if the Beatles being gone saved John from his unjustifiable death, the counterpart was just too much to handle.

George Harrison became a drug addict.

Ringo Starr is dead.

Paul McCartney is now a homeless man in the streets.

John Lennon is alive.

Lennon-McCartney partnership still remains...

...but the rest of the world is completely ruined.

"Uncle Eddie doesn't know you anymore, does he?" James interrogated, "From a brokenhearted drunkard I never knew he'd become an honourable retired soldier from the army if the Beatles didn't exist."

I ignored James' statement as we sat across from each other on opposite couches. The four Beatles sat formally together on the sofa with their heads lowered in nervousness.

Sighing, I started cornering James with stupefying questions, "How long did you knew about all this?"

"Well, I-"

"And why didn't you tell me about it?! Holy sweet crabalocker fishwife of Yoko eating George's biscuits!" I cursed while running my fingers through my messy hair in total frustration.

"I always intended to tell you but I never had the chance to do so. Remember the day we walked home from university together? I was about to confess my feelings to you that time."

"Hold on a second," Paul spoke with John following, "Y-You were about to tell her what?" George gaped in surprise, "I knew it! You don't just like her as a friend, you-"

Ringo cuts off George's statement, "Can we just keep quiet and let them speak about the important matter at hand?"

I clicked my tongue at the way the revelation came to the Beatles didn't come out good as I expected.

"Was that the day they first came here?" James nodded, "Y-Yeah. I was about to follow you in to talk but I suddenly saw sir John Lennon burst out, followed by sir Paul McCartney. For a minute there I thought I was seeing things. I literally had a nervous breakdown but then you came out.

"Then as I peaked inside, I saw sir George Harrison and sir Ringo Starr. I've been a Beatles fan even before I was born! So I told myself that I can't be wrong."

"Can I say something?" Paul raised his hand, "If you knew we were here from the very beginning, what did you do about it?"

James swallowed hard before answering, "I-I kept my mouth shut, believe me, sir. Every time we meet, I always try my best to act naturally and control myself from hugging you."

"You were quite annoying during the early times." Ringo stated in a matter of fact. The teenager lowered his head, "I know, I'm sorry for making you uncomfortable sometimes. I have to admit, I've been doing a lot of studying since you arrived here in the future."