Take 22

JOHN's P.O.V.

It was a lazy Saturday afternoon and Jude had just arrived from her job at the Powerzone.

After all the realizations last night, my head can't seem to focus on the song I'm working on at the moment. There's nothing fruitful written on the blank sheet of paper but one sentence.

There's nothing you can do that can't be done.

And that was it! I don't even know if that can be a song lyric. Sounds like a quote from a lonely old man who ain't have an idea on what he's living for.

"Paul, Paul..." I tried to shake Paul up who's currently sleeping on the sofa. But he just groaned and turned away from me to continue on his slumber.

And now, all I could do was groan as I slumped my body on the same sofa Paul is sleeping on. Martha the cat was on my lap, licking her paws and that's when I heard someone giggle.

"Working on a song?" Jude asks while scribbling on a notebook. Gosh, I sure do wish I have something to scribble, too.

I sighed, "I was about to. But I'm running out of inspiration so I needed Paul's help."

"How cute, I love how you depend on each other when it comes to songwriting." She says without looking up from the notebook she's writing on.

I couldn't help but observe what she's doing while rubbing Martha's chin. Jude doesn't have a laptop or book around, so she's not studying for University. But why is she writing a lot in that notebook?

Trying hard not to be obvious, I scooted closer to look at the notebook she's writing on. But before I could read a single word, she immediately shuts it.

"You sneaky little thing." She remarked. All I could do was to smile cheekily as I said, "Was that a diary?"

"No!" She stands up, holding the notebook close to her chest. "B-But it's something like that."

"A journal, then?" She lowered her gaze to avoid my playful question. I know I don't have the right to invade someone's private property. But a diary seems to be interesting... or so it seems.

Jude sighs. "Fine, I guess it won't hurt if I tell you anyway. You're John Lennon, after all." This made me grin, "I won't tell the others, I swear." I said, holding up a pinky to be which Jude accepts with a smile.

"I, uhh, thought it would be nice to write down the stuff that's been happening in my life." She started, as I felt Martha purr on my lap. "My father used to keep stuff like these so I had the idea of making my own, too. It's basically where I write my thoughts and emotions about certain people, or stuff no one could ever hear."

"I see you're really not close with a lot of people." I said to which she nodded in agreement.

"Yeah, it's tricky when you have trust issues. And everyone's judgemental themselves so I decide to keep the thoughts to myself."

"Even though they're positive ones?" I questioned, "I mean, if someone thinks about spreading peace and love, why would they have to keep it to themselves?"

She chuckles a little before saying, "Well, someone very wise once told me that even though there's nothing you can say, but you can learn how to play the game... it's easy."

"What?"

"Nothing." She held the notebook closer to her chest. "But just so you know, I have secret shelves with notebooks that I filled with stories and thoughts like this one."

Flashing a smile at her, I said, "That could become handy once you become famous, y'know. When they ask something about you, you can just throw all of your journals at them until they get weary with your life."